Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellenika
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:14 PM

Bailey

I had just lost my 15 year old black lab girl. Never have another (how many of us have said this), I stuck it for about a month and couldnt stand the silence, the emptiness, every room was empty!

I decided I wouldnt have another black girl, I would go for a chocolate lab. I found a breeder who had just had a litter and I was invited to go along and see them. I saw mum and dad and liked what I saw, and duly paid my deposit. Another 6 weeks and I would have a lovely chocky girl. On the way out I was drawn to a run, dont ask me why, and I asked who was in there as I kept getting an image out of the corner of my eye.

The breeder told me she had rescued a 8 month old lab girl, and she opened the door and out ran this beautiful black lab girl. Immediately she sat on my grandaughters feet, then mine and she looked at me with the most beautiful eyes and I was lost.... The breeder said she would be happy for me to take her, but that was not right. I had to go away and consider if it was right, not just for me but for the dog too, and could I cope with a puppy in 6 weeks.

I thought about it and new in my heart that I would be saying yes. Two days later I rang the breeder and yes Bailey came home! She had been abused - she was terrified of eating and the breeder could only get her to eat a small amount of food (cat food), the minute she walked in my door she ate a full bowl of puppy food.

She is a dream, loves to ride in the car, loves her walks, sleeps on my bed!! at first she was afraid of my son, and son-in-law, in fact any man. But thanks to Tia (my 3 month old choc lab), she has learned to accept them.

What she had done wrong in the past, to be abused is beyond me as I honestly have found no badness, naughtiness or anything else (toilet trained - no problem) in her nature. In fact I knew somehow that she was trustworthy and would never harm anyone.

Hopefully she will have many years of happiness and love living with us and her new naughty sister Tia.

Dee
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Welcome Bailey ! & Tia

Look forward to some pictures
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:21 PM
What a lovely story. I wish you many happy years together and look forward to seeing some pics.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:22 PM
A great story. A happy ending for another lucky dog.
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:40 PM
It must have been fate that you saw Bailey that day, I'm so glad you found each other Welcome Bailey and Tia (and of course Dee), and yes we neeeeeeed lots of pics please
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I had a lump in my throat as I read that. Think it was fate, but whatever good luck to Bailey and to little Tia. May they enjoy many happy years together.
Chow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Fantastic.
Well done.
It was meant to be.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Lovely story and as the others have said, clearly fate brought you together
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 07:53 AM
I wa obviously meant to be. Sometimes I think our oldies move on because they know there is another out there for us at that time.
Becky
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 10:04 AM
That is such a beautiful story
The gods were smiling on you and Bailey that day (and little Tia)

Welcome to Dogsey & I wish you all a long & happy life together
Nic xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >