Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2020, 09:39 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 28th October, 2020

Good morning all, I am getting to like these lay ins in the morning. I am still not very well. The doctor tells me I am very anaemic But I cannot take any form of iron pills because they give me chronic pains which lodge in my chest. oh well I finished the antibiotics which have not helped at all with the exzema so I have ordered some special exzema repair cream which is £17 but if it works, it will be worth it.

I hope you are and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Poor you. Can you drink Guiness which is meant to have iron in it or increase your red meat intake. Also liver is good and green veg such as spinach.

Have managed to get out with Teazle and Ben for a nice long walk. Took the opportunity to walk to and round the new huge estate that is being built near us. Nice houses but quite close together. Tried to get round the footpath that skirts it and comes out in the woods that are just up the road but the footpath ended in a huge deep water logged area so turned round and walked all the back the same way. Now raining hard again.

Hope you are nearly packed now Brenda.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Thanks Sue, I might order some guiness. Not very fond of red meat to be honest. Liver sometimes cooked with bacon and onions but that is about it. I know Steve keeps tell me to eat more meat.

Brenda, I too hope all is going well with you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Morning each. Moyra eat very dark chocolate. Sue yep one more box should see it done.
Off soon to have lunch with my best friend Margaret. Have a good day all and others to come.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2020, 06:35 PM
Good evening all.

Lovely walk this morning as it was a little bit warmer than of late.

Moyra, do you like oranges? They are full of Vitamin C too. It might help just a little. It's probably very different, but when my mum was low on iron, she took the pills (which I know you can't do) but she also cut out tea and coffee for six weeks and the difference in her was amazing.

This virus is getting very scary now yet again. I don't think we'll be visiting the cafe much longer and will just stick to our walk where we see very few people with the rest of the time basically locked down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2020, 09:03 PM
You shouldn't drink tea or coffee with/ after meals...the tannins prevent the iron being absorbed, you should instead drink some orange juice with your meals as vitamin c helps the uptake of iron. If you can't tolerate tablets and are that badly anaemic, your doctor should be suggesting iron injections....they also need to check its your ferritin store that's low....if not it could be a b12 deficiency which is folate. I am in the same situation however mine is caused by bleeding and until we solve that little mystery I am a little bit stuck but will be having injections if required.
I am currently having to keep a food diary to see if it's a food allergy causing my problems...I doubt it but I will keep the diary as requested and attend the appointment made for me.