Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
They need to look like the dog they are suppose to

What classes as good examples of the breed??.......If you want me to say that they should be from show dogs that are winning and are classed as good examples of the breed i wouldn't say that.

I know of dogs who are winning shows, being bred from that have lots of faults (ie bad hips etc) but breeders are friendly with the judge and win that way, had little to do with the dog lol ie, the dogs can have temperment issues, health issues and it annoys me. Kc standards in some other breeds to mine are causing un healthy dogs so just to say it has to be upto kc standards imo is not always a good thing. Id rather a dog not be winning at shows but was healthy.

They need to be healthy, first and fore most for me.
It's a hard one isn't it...we want them healthy, with good temperaments, but we also want them to look like they should and personally I want to know mine could do the job they were bred for as well (want want want )
I think that people don't have to be winning at shows...but they should at least show sometimes and be known in the breed as someone who breeds sound dogs...who could be shown and do well..and work if necessary.

I admit I am against breeding entirely for the pet market and charging a premium rate for the pups, no matter what health tests etc have been done...it is still breeding for the sake of it. I do feel any breeding should be done to enable the breed to improve in some way...and that health, temperament, looks and in many cases being fit for function are all really important. Breeders should be involved in every aspect of their breed...both showing and working if applicable and should breed with a view to improving the breed in some way or perpetuating something that is exceptional in their lines. The breeding should be planned carefully and for good reasons. Just my opinion though...one that has changed a lot over the last 5 years or so
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:16 PM
oh this makes me so mad!!!!!!!

cresteds really seem to be getting it at the minute, more and more are appearing, and none of them well bred!

i could do it. easily. i could put daphni to mutley, have a litter of puffs and sell them for a stupid ammount! but i never would!!! why do people seem to think owning a dog gives them a right to make a few quid here and there? i could easily answer ads on the internet for studs wanted and offer them mutley, but i wouldnt because he would in no way help the breed! his coat is wavy and he is overshot.

why dont people think!?! the woman i work for has friend who has cresteds, and she was looking for a home for 3 hairless which had just come into rescue.

really really really winds me up!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
CC's have been coming into rescue for a while now - we have a foster in now - People will breed them because they can, there are breeders around selling un endorsed puppies - and boasting the fact.

I am sure their are many people out there that could just breed for the sake of it - but the decent lot wouldnt even consider it. Times are getting bad for the breed, hence we like to give something back fostering and transporting - going out of our way to pick up the pieces of them breeders that fail to do the breed any sort of justice.

The problem is there is a massive demand for hairless puppies.. The back yard breeders know this. It is rare you will see a puff to puff mating.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
CC's have been coming into rescue for a while now - we have a foster in now - who came in with two others - cant give any details but ones fros a 'reputal' breeder fancy that. People will breed them because they can, there are breeders around selling un endorsed puppies - and boasting the fact.

I am sure their are many people out there that could just breed for the sake of it - but the decent lot wouldnt even consider it. Times are getting bad for the breed, hence we like to give something back fostering and transporting - going out of our way to pick up the pieces of them breeders that fail to do the breed any sort of justice.

The problem is there is a massive demand for hairless puppies.. The back yard breeders know this. It is rare you will see a puff to puff mating.
haha cant imagine daphni with a puff litter. i want my black and white hairless

id love to foster but dont think nana would let me...
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Oh my! I just don't know what to say anymore

Why is she advertising them?? If the puppys are of that high quality how come she didn't have a waiting list??
Yip and note they were born 1st January so advertising very quickly indeed to promise show potentials lol
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post

The advert isnt worded the same - I took this from her website .
LOL She also states she is not a Breeder on her website Jeez did she get bits of material then and made these pups lol
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
LOL She also states she is not a Breeder on her website Jeez did she get bits of material then and made these pups lol
She must have Lynda - bloody idiot. Shes not a breeder but has produced rare, show potential puppies - shouldnt laugh really.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree with most of what you have written, except the KC Accredited bit, I know loads of great breeders who won't touch the scheme because you can breed from a bitch from when she is one. Until recently it was also okay to have 5 litters...that is changing to 4 litters from the same bitch, which I feel again, is too much.

What about people who breed for the pet market specifically, but who have all the health tests done and are KC accredited?
I am against. There really isnt a need for it. There are already plenty of dogs around for the pet market only.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It's a hard one isn't it...we want them healthy, with good temperaments, but we also want them to look like they should and personally I want to know mine could do the job they were bred for as well (want want want )
I think that people don't have to be winning at shows...but they should at least show sometimes and be known in the breed as someone who breeds sound dogs...who could be shown and do well..and work if necessary.

I admit I am against breeding entirely for the pet market and charging a premium rate for the pups, no matter what health tests etc have been done...it is still breeding for the sake of it. I do feel any breeding should be done to enable the breed to improve in some way...and that health, temperament, looks and in many cases being fit for function are all really important. Breeders should be involved in every aspect of their breed...both showing and working if applicable and should breed with a view to improving the breed in some way or perpetuating something that is exceptional in their lines. The breeding should be planned carefully and for good reasons. Just my opinion though...one that has changed a lot over the last 5 years or so
Great post Ramble - long time no see!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Poor pups some people make me so mad and dont seem to care that they are bringing little lives into the world.

I was talking to a woman today with a rescue BCx... she said that her dog had a litter of pups just before going into rescue, and that she was glad that her dog managed to experience being a mum so she could get her spayed i just hope she wasnt planning on breeding her if she hadnt had a litter just so the dog could experience it!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >