Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
My Hubby would never stop me having another dog......But I'd still ask, or atleast let him know before hand
Same here, hubby would never stop me having another dog if I really wanted one, but I am struggling to persuade him I really need a horse
waifsnstrays
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2010, 09:44 AM
when i wanted to get bert i sent my oh a text message off buster and he gave in then cause he can't say no to little buster lol
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 10:16 AM
I just make a mental note of everytime we have a row and its him in the wrong, and i bring them up right before i tell him the next dog is due :P
Im on number 3 at the minute, i have also made a mental note of the time last week when he said '5 is the limit'!!!!!!!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Bill isn't a doggy person despite being keen at the time to get both AIlsa and Jake. We have had our 'moments' about our two but on the whole things are okay and he knows that there is no way I am going to get rid of them (he would probably go first!) but I wouldn't inflict another one on him. It's a bit of a handful at times transporting them both back and forth to the UK so a third dog would be a nightmare. On the other hand if a GSD pup was found tied to our gatepost.........not sure what he would do......
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't, no. I don't think it'd be fair on him and I wouldn't want him to bear any bitterness towards the dog.
I do think it's different if you don't live together. We only moved in when we got married, so instantly his say became equal - when I had rats, I got 5 without his permission because we were dating and he had no say. I would have got a dog without his permission then as well because he wouldn't have been affected the same.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 02:48 PM
No apart from in an emergency situation in which case i would expect him to do the same and put the dog first. Same goes for fostering.

I would be mad as hell if the OH did it too me so i would do it to him.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 02:50 PM
No I wouldn't. It's a joint decision and it would be disrespectful of me to get one without talking it over with him first.
In reality though.....if I did, he would be ok about it as he's as insane about dogs as I am!!
He actually brought Coco home with him from the pound without asking me first!! But she was so mangy and pathetic I just fell in love with her straight away! But then he knew I would!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Definitely not. Dogs are part of the family so it is a family decision to decide whether or not to share our lives with them
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 02:57 PM
No, I'd want it to be a joint decision... well I say joint... more "IWANTADOG" and he agrees!

If he bought home another dog or other animal i'd hurt him! That said he did buy me Robbie as a surprise.. so... haha swings and roundabouts.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Not ever.

Even when I was asked to take Rupert (on his last 2 days at the pound) I asked the OH first (he was the one who cried and begged to let him stay!)
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >