View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
She has tried to have a poo and was straining badly, all that came out was some hard material (bone i suspect) and some browny/red muck. I picked some up in a tissue and put it in a tupperware container to show the vet.

Vet thinks it could be gastro enteritis and nothing to do with the bone. She has done an xray and can that turned up nothing so she is going to treat her for gastro and an overnight stay in the vets.

Thank you so much for everyones advice and concern i will update tomorrow when i have rung the vets
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Well at least she's in the right place now, but let's hope the vet is right and they'll have her back to good health in a day or two and you can have her back home. It must be a relief that they're keeping her in, and I'm so sorry you must be so worried.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I've just been reading a thread about Canine Seasonal Disorder, similar symptoms to what Kym has had and both mine are walked in woodland every day.

There could be a possibility its this i suppose
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well at least she's in the right place now, but let's hope the vet is right and they'll have her back to good health in a day or two and you can have her back home. It must be a relief that they're keeping her in, and I'm so sorry you must be so worried.
Thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Eleanor what a worry for you, I hope your girl will be better very soon ...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Fingers crossed that everything is ok.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I've just been reading a thread about Canine Seasonal Disorder, similar symptoms to what Kym has had and both mine are walked in woodland every day.

There could be a possibility its this i suppose
I don't think we've actually got it down here in the south east, although I could be wrong, it's more an up north thing isn't it that csd? I walk in woodland every day and we've got no signs up as yet.

I do hope it isn't that, and I'm sure your vet might have had suspiscions straight away if it was, I think the dogs go really downhill on a return from the walk with that, but again, it's different with different dogs. I would have thought your vet is right, the intestines might have been aggravated and inflamed with all the digested bone, and even the stomach, so once they've lined the system with whatever they choose to use, she should start picking up, along with lots of ab's, I really hope so, try not to worry too much. No news is good news remember, but ring them first thing to find out how she is, they never mind you doing that.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Everything crossed that your girl makes a good recovery.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 07:27 PM
You must be so worried, and I do hope that the vet's diagnosis is correct. The straining and the vomiting of brown stuff rings alarm bells but then I am not a vet.

Everything crossed here for you and your girl.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Just an update on my Kym.

She is still at the vets, she wasn't very good this morning they said, she is on a drip and anti sickness drugs and AB's but refusing food. Anyway i rang back around 3pm and they said she has has some food fed via syringe and kept it down but she has projectile dire rear. I may have her home tomorrow depending on her stabilising

Vet bill currently £350 and counting, my fault for having no insurance, i know it shouldn't be something i'm thinking about but i can't help it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >