Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I've always been concerned about giving mine eggs on a regular basis, so I think they may now be in for a nice surprise
yep, and for yourself the only thing that makes them unhealthy is when we add fat (for scrambling, on an egg roll, or toast for dipping etc)

extra omega 3 source for the dogs!

i whizz the shells in a coffee grinder and chuck that in as well (for the dogs, not me )
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks everyone, I am happy to learn I am not harming the dogs by giving them so many eggs.

I have tried crushing the shells up too to encourage the dogs to eat them too (as I believe they are full of goodness) but they just pick around them and leave most of the shell.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have tried crushing the shells up too to encourage the dogs to eat them too (as I believe they are full of goodness) but they just pick around them and leave most of the shell.
After I've whizzed the shells in the coffee grinder I stick them in a blender with my concoction (olive oil, mixed veg, turmeric, ginger, keepers mix, mixed veg, cider vinegar, lemon juice). So, they just eat them in amongst the green mush I make. I put the egg in the blender as well
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
After I've whizzed the shells in the coffee grinder I stick them in a blender with my concoction (olive oil, mixed veg, turmeric, ginger, keepers mix, mixed veg, cider vinegar, lemon juice). So, they just eat them in amongst the green mush I make. I put the egg in the blender as well
That all sounds very exotic
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Ollie doesn't seem to mind the shell. Given the chance he will steal and eat whole eggs, shell and all, so that's how he gets them in his dinner
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
I do not blend anything - what, and have yet more washing-up to do?!

Luckily Pereg is more than happy to have everything just dumped in her bowl with a wee bit of a stir round to mix any powders or potions in [apart from her RMB meals which she has on on a piece of oilcloth spread on the couch]!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I scramble eggs in the microwave as a breakfast meal (3 eggs) and Millie is fine she gets that once a week.

Occasionally if I have not baked in a while and their is an enormous amount of eggs I will simply give Millie an egg as it comes whole, she carries it around for a while nibbles it very carefully and then manages to crack it open very gently and licks up the yolk and then munches on the shells!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 09:11 AM
mine have eggs once a week, i wish i could give them more but they arent always keen on them, sometimes they get them scrambled sometimes they just have them raw.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I do not blend anything - what, and have yet more washing-up to do?! :
this normally involves pressing a button for me and waiting an hour or so

i blend the veg so the dogs can digest the goodness from them, so i just kinda chuck everything else in there as well
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:06 AM
If my flaming chooks would stop being so blooming lazy and start laying properly again lol, Ranger would get an egg more often. He eats the lot, shell and all.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >