View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 01:24 PM

In for a grumpy weekend - Charlie is grounded.

Oh joy.
Came home from school yesterday (I collected him) said his girlfriend may be coming over on the train, ok no problem, but he saw his friends and asked if he could go out, again ok no probs.

Friends only live about 50yds away so sent a text at 8pm to say dinner ready in half an hour.

10.30pm still not home. Mobile is 'unavailable' when I ring it... it switches itself off every now and then, but he does know this so surely must've checked it since 4pm?

Gets to 11pm, so I thought I would text his girlfriend Avi. She also hasn't heard from eiher, she sent him a text too and hadn't heard back.

11.10pm in he walks.

First thing he says 'I'm sorry I'm late, I had to take Avi to the train station'.

Lies. That's funny because I've spoken to Avi who hasn't heard from you all evening!

He was round his friends house and just didn't notice the time. They didn't either as they are sleeping over so he thought he would lie to stop being in trouble.... big mistake as he knows the one thing I can't stand is lies.

So now he is grounded this weekend. Was supposed to be going over to see his girlfriend but obviously can't. Laid in bed until after 12pm because he doesn't see the point of getting up.

So, now I have dumped him in the bath and will be serving last nights chicken kiev to him shortly.

We've had the usual 'I hate my life here' comments. But as he knows he has a pretty good life here it doesn't wash (bit like him lol)

As I have said to him, it may seem cool that other kid's parents let them stay out til all hours without worrying but they do that because they don't care. I do, so just like to be told where, when and not lied to.

Rant over, thanks for listening!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Bless! Aren't kids great? How old is he?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Bless! Aren't kids great? How old is he?
16, just.

He is now getting out of the bath with instructions to clean his teeth and deodourise thoroughly, with clean socks, pants and lounge pants to put on. He has also shaved.

I will hardly recognise him!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 01:56 PM
It's lovely age, 16.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh joy I'm glad my days of this are over. Brought back a lot of memories though
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
We've had the usual 'I hate my life here' comments. But as he knows he has a pretty good life here it doesn't wash (bit like him lol)
I had to giggle when I read this!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh dear, why do they never realise mum always finds out!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Oh dear, why do they never realise mum always finds out!
He should talk to the dogs..... even they know that!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
He should talk to the dogs..... even they know that!
Exactly!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh Dear Lol,
Luke is nearly 17 and he was going out with a girl from college after two weeks he wanted her to stay over and sleep in his bed

We had a good chat etc,two days later he was getting his own place
We treated him with sarcasim,asked when he was going etc,not to bring his dirty laundry or come back for meals etc
Anyway 3 days later his girlfriend went off with another lad at college,he hasn't mentioned moving out since,I reckon this girl was putting him up to it.
We've got a stroppy moody Teenage daughter too,who knows it all,she's had a strop today because I asked her to get changed to go the opticians - her reply was I'm not going to see the Queen.

Good Luck with Charlie,kids eh?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >