View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazaroo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2007, 10:29 AM
maybe just maybe you should write a book- I am recovering from a breakdown last year and now it has come to a peak things are really taking off; I married my husband; got a house; stared learning sign; learnt to drive... etc etc all the things I should have done years ago that I never thought I could. After being assulted very badly and abused as a kid I thought I couldnt go on but now... life is much happier- share your experience through the page sof a book and if it helps just one person... Its worth it!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Sweet, I think it is good that you are going to be seeing your therapist again. Together perhaps you can explore the reasons for your anger and perhaps learn some anger management.
I know it is hard to let go but sometimes you just have to. And once you do it, you will experience a peace that will help you to move on.
I don't know if you ever heard the fable about the man who kept a beautiful bird in a cage. A wise man asked him why he did not allow the bird out. He answered that he was afraid the bird would fly away. The wise man told him that if you love something, you must first let it go - then if it returns to you, it is truly yours; but if it flies off never to return, it was never really yours in the first place.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by maebme View Post
I don't know if you ever heard the fable about the man who kept a beautiful bird in a cage. A wise man asked him why he did not allow the bird out. He answered that he was afraid the bird would fly away. The wise man told him that if you love something, you must first let it go - then if it returns to you, it is truly yours; but if it flies off never to return, it was never really yours in the first place.
I agree with that completely. I just love her so much, I wish she was still my angel. I had a tshirt once that was from french connection which said
"If you love something let it go free, if it doesn't come back, who gives a fcuk"
So your message made me smile as I remember buying that tshirt with my mum!!!

Just downloaded a job application form, hopefully I'll soon at least be on my own two feet, that way I'll be stronger if we do get back together, and if not then at least I'm not dependant on anyone else. xx
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by sweetveronica View Post
I'll be stronger if we do get back together, and if not then at least I'm not dependant on anyone else. xx
I've learnt the only person you can depend on is yourself hun

Best of luck with the job application xx
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Keep positive Sweet - and all the best with the application.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks all, sent off my CV to 3 different jobs today, spoke to one agency and they wanted to send my CV to HSBC, but thanks to Tracy I have defaults (my own fault, I took out a credit card in my name to pay for her digital slr, she never kept up the payments as promised). So that was that one out of the window.

I'm pining for her, the evenings are the worst. I want to know what she's up to, but at the same time I don't. I love her

xxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Sorry you are still feeling so down, you WILL pine and it WILL hurt for a while, i felt the same when my ex walked out on me, how would i go on without him, he was my whole world, i was right where you are now but one day something just clicked in my head and that was it, i was determined to show him i could get on fine without him and you know what? he hated seeing me doing so well. He left me for someone else and guess what? it didnt work out by then i had my own life and i wondered what all the fuss was about.

Shes probably wondering what you are doing too, let her see you happy without her, at the moment she has you dangling on a string and knows you would come running back, DONT. You are so young and have so much to live for and plenty of time to find that special someone. You deserve better hun xxx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 10:22 AM
There is only that one special someone who is worth your tears; and that person will never want to make you cry.

Breakups are horrid, but you will come throught this a stronger and wiser person. In months to come you will look back and realise that you deserve soo much better than what she had to offer.

xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 12:37 PM
How are you feeling today Lorna? A bit better I hope?

Glad you're getting sorted on the job front, you need something to do, to keep your mind off things a bit. I was sorry to read about the row you had with your Dad, and hope things might have calmed down a bit on that side, and he will now let you take the dogs? If you manage to get a job, you could always rent somewhere dog friendly and keep both of them, I really hope so.

You haven't bored us yet Lorna, we're still hear for you waiting for some news, which will hopefully be some good news? Let us know how you're doing, like Vicki says, we're worriers on here ya know! xxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm at my dad's house now (not the one he shared with my mum - I knew I wouldn't be able to deal with going there again!) I've got both of my dogs, but I still have to foster out the older one. Which is killing me as she's being as good as gold!

I'm feeling really down as I know she's going out tonight with her brother and probably her ex, while I'm sitting at home on my own. I just keep praying she'll call me, but I know deep down that she won't.

Still waiting to hear about jobs, there is a job fair up here on the 21st March, so I'm going to go there!

THank you all so much, and if you know of anyone who could take my 11 year old girlie for a month or two, please let me know!

Thanks again, you're all wonderful xxxxx
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >