19-09-2006, 09:36 AM
here here POD !!!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
You got it

Dogtraining is 99% reward in whatever form that suits you AND your dog. unfortunatly you need 1 correction and here it is also in function of the dog and yor abilities to work with the tool in question.

To my knowledge there was no mention of an e-collar in the original text.

Greetings

Johan
Who mentioned ecollars? Not moi.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Wys, you speak of training methods as if they are mutually exclusive. I would imagine the best trainers to have an open mind and use methods appropriate to each individual situation.
I was actually having a bit of a joke with Johan as he uses electric collars sometimes and has often poked fun at clicker trainers .

Thought he'd be interested to know about Geert - being open minded works both ways after all...
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Great post Johan. Illustates well the level of anthropomorphism creeping into so called modern training methods.

But do you think that's what "so called modern methods" are all about? Ignoring the dog and alll that? Really?

If so you are very mistaken, or else you've seen some bad training done by some.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
But do you think that's what "so called modern methods" are all about? Ignoring the dog and alll that? Really?
No of course not as you very well know
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 02:25 PM
No of course not as you very well know
I'm lost ?

Can you help me out by explaining what you mean to a dimwit Aussie ?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Wys, you speak of training methods as if they are mutually exclusive. I would imagine the best trainers to have an open mind and use methods appropriate to each individual situation.

I didnt use a clicker with my severely human fear aggressive rescue dog [ he`s deaf so he cant hear one ! ].
I did use positive only however, and funnily enough he has never bitten me in the near enough 9 years I have had him.
He did used to bite many people , [ before he was rescued ], because of being `corrected` with negative methods...

When he arrived with me he was the angriest, most volatile and most violent dog I had ever seen.

Wonder how come he responded so brilliantly to gentle work rather than any kind of force...
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I didnt use a clicker with my severely human fear aggressive rescue dog [ he`s deaf so he cant hear one ! ].
I did use positive only however, and funnily enough he has never bitten me in the near enough 9 years I have had him.
He did used to bite many people , [ before he was rescued ], because of being `corrected` with negative methods...

When he arrived with me he was the angriest, most volatile and most violent dog I had ever seen.

Wonder how come he responded so brilliantly to gentle work rather than any kind of force...

Who said a correction had to be done with force?
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Patch, sound as if you used absolutely the correct method for this particular dog.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Patch, sound as if you used absolutely the correct method for this particular dog.

Thank you :smt001
He thinks so too
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >