Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:25 PM

dog attacks

Blimey, what is going on???
Is it just me or does there seem to be news story after news story about dog attacks?
In our local free paper there was a long letter today from a woman whose Lhaso Apso had been attacked by a staffi, offlead on the street, who was with a gang of lads, then the local news tells of a 9 year old boy being attacked on a train station by an akita (that was onlead but the owner ran off after the attack...with dog).
Blimey it's scary and makes me not want to go out to play anymore.
What's going on??
Reminds me of the pre DDA days to be honest...I feel there will be new new jerk legislation soon if this carrys on.....
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:29 PM
its not good is it.

you'd think that people would be more responsible with their dogs.

and how can you justify running off with the dog thats just attacked someone - how awful.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I know! Although the soft hearted part of me hopes the bloke ran off to save his dog...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:34 PM
a lady who lives by me her dog got savaged in there own back garden holly is 17yrs old and is not good on her legs was laying down and a staffy attacked her ragging her by her throat it took 3 neighbours to try and get this dog of her dog holly ended up with 48 stiches to throat and neck and face poor dog didnt deserve this no one has any idea whos dog it was we have other staffs by us but they are so good
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:36 PM
OMG that's awful!
Some people saw soem lads round here with a staffi pup teasing it with a police cone trying to make it attack.
GHope Holly is okay.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:38 PM
its a real shame to see a beautiful breed of dog teased to make it nasty there is no need for it,holly is alright just marked badly poor babe
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:38 PM
My jack russell was attacked a year ago by an off lead akita and an alsation- luckily I managed to scoop her up before any damage was done, These dogs were off lead. Now shes terrified of any dog that looks like them The owner of these dogs was indifferent
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:42 PM
poor little thing.

These dogs are great...in the right hands, like any dog....
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
poor little thing.

These dogs are great...in the right hands, like any dog....
I agree with you about Alsations but not about Akitas- even my dog trainer says they are unpredictable and just cant be trusted not to attack other dogs or humans...
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2006, 08:47 PM
But you can bet your bottom dollar Ailsa that the dog attacks which get media coverage will be from GSD's,Staffies,Rotties,Dobies,Mastiffs etc etc.I know i dont have much time for the RSPCA,but they did say a few years back that the majority of attacks towards humans are done by breeds which dont attract much attention like Labradors and crosses etc.

I do hope the tabloids & news agencys dont start waging a war against certain breeds cause i truly feel our goverment would bow to so called 'public pressure' and increase the DDA just to win votes.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »