View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I love the show too! I get frustrated with owners too, esp when they have no clue about dogs but decide to get two pups at once! I have taught my pup to bark (or speak, except i say 'bark') at 14 weeks - is it a record!?!? Just hold food away from them, and they will try to do all the tricks they know to get it, and then in frustration they usually start barking as if to say 'hay what do you want from me' then you praise that and give it a command. I tried to convince a lady in the training class to teach her dog to bark, as it wouldn't stop barking. She didn't get that once the dog understands what you are saying then you can get it not to do it. I know Victoria uses 'quite' but i say 'no bark'. It's all down to communication isn't it, getting your dog to understand the words your shouting at it!

Speak of bad owners I just got back from lunch, and spent most of it with a frustrated old woman who couldn't get her puppy cocker back to the car. Everytime we approached it would dance off, having lots of fun, and she was in a state, shouting etc. In the end i was pissed off too, but not at the dog, at the lack of training the poor thing has had. Sorry to offend anyone, but old ladys who havent had a dog before, who dont have the energy to chase it, shouldn't really have one, should they? I mean if we had been near the road and she couldn't get hold of it, it could have been disastrous. So yeah in the end, I ran at it, and as it zipped past me, I caught it hard with my fingers in an attempt to hold on. He yelped and ran back to his owner (so i am the bad guy!) she was happy, but i told her to invest in an extending lead and some training!
LoopyLulu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Definatley going to get a bubble machine for Lula, she'll love it! Think the best place for them is ELC, they have loads of cheaper hand held ones aswell as the machine ones, look.....

http://www.elc.co.uk/category-537?pr...&filter=filter

And then get the flavoured bubbles from that other website that willowish found....

http://www.thedogshoponline.co.uk/sh...?category=Toys

Sorted!!!!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum
I'm really impressed!!

Can anyone tell me where to get one of those bubble machines from??
I have just ordered one from pet smart they have the chicken flavour bubbles and the bacon yum yum
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 05:02 PM
The bubble company are gonna have a rush on their hands!!

You wait - they will have "As seen on TV's It's Me or The Dog" on soon!
LoopyLulu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Just ordered some Bacon & Chicken flavour Bubbles!!!!!
Got my order in before the rush!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Wasn't that machine fantastic what a great idea to keep dogs occupied/excercised for ages . I used to blow bubbles to the dogs with those little pots, but you wouldn't have to stand there with that machine just keep an eye on the dogs. The 'flavouring' makes the bubbles even more attractive too
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Aaarrrgggghhh! After I watched IMOTG I just spent AGES googling for that bubble machine, only to find handheld bubble gun thingies for up to £15, and sites that sold the bacon bubbles but were out-of-stock.

I knew I should have looked on dogweb first!

That one from John Lewis is only £9.95 - fab! I'm getting one ASAP!
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2006, 09:56 PM
we bought a bubble gun last year for keira and lubo..they loved it
will certainly be getting the bubble machine
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 11:16 PM
yep I have vouchers for John Lewis and was going to treat myself to a new pot - think will get Bruno a bubble machine instead it looks like more fun !!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 10:27 AM
in 5-7 working days i shall be fully equipped with blowing machine and bacon bubbles!!!!! i bet they love victoria stilwell!!!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >