View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't be without insurance for any of my pets, even my rabbits are insured.

Murphy (rottie) has racked up £7,000 of vets fees between April and end September this year so thank DoG I had him insured - and I've just renewed his insurance and the premiums have NOT gone up.

Im with M&S too and highly recommend them !!
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2005, 01:15 PM
I believe in getting insurance, my mum didnt get insurance for her yorkie and cost hundreds of pounds when he was ill!

i have sopped around and so far the best is Marks & sparks, i think so anyway as you do not have to pay excess and they pay for ongoing stuff like worming, fles treatment etc.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by buster
i have sopped around and so far the best is Marks & sparks, i think so anyway as you do not have to pay excess and they pay for ongoing stuff like worming, fles treatment etc.
I am with M&S, and it doest not say they pay for flea/worm treatment.

Taken from the policy book.....

"What we WILL NOT pay - The cost of treatment your vet recommends to prevent an illness or injury.
The cost of killing or controlling fleas, general health enhancers and unconventional or unlicensed treatment"

The only thing on worming I can find is that they pay repeat (not initial) worming treatment under the Pet Travel Scheme.

"We will reimburse you as a direct result of your departure for the UK being delayed by your carrier, reasonable fees incurred by you in getting repeat tick and worming treatment for your pet."

I didn't think any company paid for flea/worming treatment.
I urge people read their policy booklet to check.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I've just signed up with Marks and Spark - just this minute. Seems like they are quite good and you lot seem to think so too.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Absolutley agree with insurance Jake means far too much to me to be without it. He has his own bank account too as I won't take any risks. He is covered by petplan lifetime policy plan expensive yes but I believe such as life you get what you pay for.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 02:17 PM
We are with M&S but have no idea what they are like as we haven't had to claim.

I'm sure we'll find out eventually.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
We are with M&S but have no idea what they are like as we haven't had to claim.

I'm sure we'll find out eventually.
Didn't Fern need any treatment when his face was swollen up?
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Well I've just been filling in my claim form for Casper's scans etc and have been told that if I want a referral for an MRI scan then it's going to cost about £1500 maybe more if they pay for the inital Xrays and other tests I have had done, then I'm going to go and have the MRI scans done as without the insurance there is no way I could spend that amount on him out of my own pocket, for something that comes up every now and then. So thank god for insurance !
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,
Its definately worth having insurance!! Without my Amy having it i would of been in trouble & wouldnt of been able to pay for her hygroma treatment which cost just under £1000 by the time it was finished.
I am with animalfriends which is underwritten by E & L & find them fantastic,they paid the vet direct & didnt take ages to do so.I was only with them a month when i claimed.I pay £18.95 a month with a £49 excess put i have their top of the range life cover & it has loads of extras on it including £2 million public liability & a burglar reward if he/she is convicted They dont punish you either for having certain breeds...i have a rotty & normally you get chardged extra for them.They dont add more on for where you live either unlike some

I dont insure my cat but then again she is 19 & a moggy

sarah
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
PDSA only treat pets belonging to people who claim benefits. we don't. they won't help us. I had a lengthy arguement with them about this. .

xx
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >