register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Where do your doglets sleep?
Your bedroom 29 46.77%
Kitchen 14 22.58%
Lounge 5 8.06%
Other 14 22.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Ozzy sleeps in the kitchen at night on his bean bag, during the day he has access to entire downstairs but is not allowed upstairs.

I have never allowed any of my dogs upstairs. Mainly as I've owned larger breeds have worried they may damage their legs coming up and down stairs as youngsters. I don't want any more vaccuming fur than necessary either!! That and Sid is all the company I need in the bedroom thank you LOL
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-06-2005, 11:52 AM
ours are in the kitchen.....if they came up i wouldn't have a bed and they would squash the kids
cats come up sometimes but usually go on caitlins bed..............
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 11:56 AM
I sometimes wish mine slept elsewhere than the bed! I think it would make it more clear who was boss! It is a bit dodgy at times I must admit. Having said that, when I have slept at friends houses where dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, I really miss them! Sad arent I!
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Ruby sleeps in the kitchen
Toesy sleeps in the back room (dining)
Rio sleeps in the front room (lounge)
Very occasionally Toesy sleeps on my bed

Mitch
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Woody - In his pit in the kitchen, he just refuses to leave his pit even if it was on fire!
Pickles - On my bed with me! Thankfully he's only little, think dogs in the future will sleep in my room but on the floor. I love my bed too much!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 12:46 PM
i am another owner whose dog is spoilt rotten - Bruno sleeps on the bed - although starts the night in his bed in our room, about 4 in the morning you get a very cold nose hit MY leg and then under the duvet and over the sheet then HHOOORRRGGGHHH ooooo - thats the sound of very loud snoring from under the covers.

Phil (OH) doesnt feel bruno getting in the bed and Bruno eventually wangles his way so that I end up sleeping in a little ball at the top of the bed OR I end up with dead legs as he has decided that my legs are more comfy than the bed .......

dani
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2005, 01:19 PM
in the bedroom and most of the time we have the 2 of them on the bed Luckily Star sleeps curled up in a ball and does not take up too much space.
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2005, 01:21 PM
all of mine sllep in my room,they can slleep where they like. nellie sleeps on my bed,flynn usually under my bed , -on the bit under my head & tara under my bed more in the foot area.

all come on the bed in the morning for a cuddle & to share my biccies when i have coffee!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
Ozzy sleeps in the kitchen at night on his bean bag, during the day he has access to entire downstairs but is not allowed upstairs.

I have never allowed any of my dogs upstairs. Mainly as I've owned larger breeds have worried they may damage their legs coming up and down stairs as youngsters. I don't want any more vaccuming fur than necessary either!! That and Sid is all the company I need in the bedroom thank you LOL
Anne-Marie, you took the words out of my mouth! I agree with everything (other than the Sid bit, no offence ) Satch's still gowing, I don't want him damaging his joints and it's nice to have a part of the house that's just ours - no bones or toys to trip over in the night, no dog fur everywhere...

Becs
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Blimey! It's bad enough having my husband snoring away next to me without Mutph as well! And I can still hear Murph snoring from upstairs!
Nope - don't do the dogs in bedroooms bit primarily 'cos of allergies...not to dog particularly but me and my son are allergic to house dust and Murph's a bit of a dustbucket sometimes. Besides, the beds MY space...Murph's got his own!

TTFN
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >