View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:06 PM
I feel the same way about Rotts and German Shepherds - however we were lucky to see a bit more of Rotties this year all be it briefly.

German Shepherds are one of the most commonly owned dogs in Britain, yet the coverage usually misses them out! Even this year we saw only seconds worth of footage of the BOB winner and that was it.

I would like to see Crufts coverage aimed more towards people who understand the show and how it works, rather than them trying to mainstream it to a wider audience. Why can't we have like they do in the US whereby you can 'view' each breed ring and see the BOB being picked. That would be fab!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Was there a staffy agility team at crufts this year????
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:25 PM
They should certainly use the opertunity of educating the public more in regards to buying from a responsible breeder and what that means .I did hear mention of it once but they didn't elaborate
I think they should show scrufts and use that as a platform to highlight the plight of the rescue centres and the over breeding of pets as well as promoting dog activities etc,it would be a hit I'm sure
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
Was there a staffy agility team at crufts this year????
I'd love to see that As much as I admire collies I did keep mentioning I'd love to see other breeds doing it
Did you see speedy??
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 07:39 PM
i only saw the bob labrador for a fleeting moment
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Charliefarley
I'd love to see that As much as I admire collies I did keep mentioning I'd love to see other breeds doing it
Did you see speedy??
There are plenty of breeds, cross breeds that do agility
There are labs, spaniels, toy breeds, gsd, and of course collies at our training club, but i guess when it gets to crufts level the collies do take the show.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2