View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, so glad they have been nicked. The Police said "the sentance 'could' be 8 years", I've no desire to take this thread of track but that sounds like a 'max' sentance. Sadly, as I said above I think it's unlikely to be anything like that.
Still, let's look on the bright side, your friend will get her gold locket back, and these thugs (If found guilty) should do some time behind bars.
None of which will help your friends confidence (which will take a long time to recover.)
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear the scumbags have been caught I hope they get a harsh punishment, they need some deterrant against this.

Personally I think they should bring back the days when the police gave the scum a good kicking, they seldom reoffended when the police were a force to be reckond with.

I hope your friend gets better I really do, its a hard thing to get over as your so nervous going out afterwards.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Kye - Although our ages are vastly different I agree with you. In recent years I believe the Police have had their hands tied by PC beaurocracy (Sp.) and it shows in the way young hooligans behave. Question is.......What can be done about it?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Terrible, I'm so sorry Tracy, and I agree with Kyektulu, our policeforce are far too soft, I wish they were allowed to give them a good kicking like they do in the US and Europe, it's blooming ridiculous the way our police are allowed to deal with scum like this. I hope they're right, but sadly, as Losos has said, this is the max penalty they can impose, but you never know, they deserve it!!!

Your poor friend, plucking up enough courage to go out, starting a new life in a little village (wasn't mine was it????!)felt all confident, only for this to happen to her, pretty unbelievable isn't it, and I bet it will take her ages to get her confidence back. It's a downright disgrace, that's what it is, and I'd like these scumbags to realise what they did to a vulnerable woman like this. I'm a great believer in that name and shame business they're starting to use in certain areas! Poor woman, she must feel sick to the stomach over this, I know I would, and terrified to ever step foot outside her home ever again.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3