Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Il have ickle spotty Boxers lol
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2005, 05:50 PM
To the OP:

It isn't 'thought' that white Boxers all carry the deaf gene, it is a genetic fact.

That said...being new here, I'm sorry to see that this 'debate' continues on yet another forum.
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

26-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Goody - another Boxer fan. !

If everyone finds this subject so tedious why do you read it or answer it - simple fact, no one forces you to read it or indeed reply!

"are more susceptible to skin disorders" CBT - I think this is nonsense. As I have said before we have had Boxers for many years. The worst Boxer I have ever had with skin problems was a solid brindle. Maybe the white pup I have now will have skin problems who knows, she is only 5 1/2 months old but so what. There are many breeds of many colours with skin problems - not just Boxers. The little Westie can be prone to skin problems. does that mean that Westies shouldnt be bred from - I think not, they are one of the most popular breeds in the British Isles today.

There are those of us out there who have White Boxer/s and you will never ever change our opinion. Our pup is very unique and very special and if ever we were in the situation of wanting another Boxer pup and a white pup was in the offering, yes we would definitely take it.

LONG LIVE BOXERS - ALL COLOURS!!!!
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Because the topic said 'white Boxers'... thought maybe it would be an interesting thread dealing with something that hasn't been beat to death with a tree, nevermind a stick. And the need to reply came because the op gave the wrong information.
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

26-02-2005, 01:17 AM
What "op"???????????? Youve lost me
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2005, 01:18 AM
The op (original poster) stated that it used to be 'thought' that all white Boxers carry the deaf gene.
Lexi
New Member!

26-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Im hopping on here to give my tuppence worth. My friend has Boxers and two of them are white plus he helps out in rescue and he has only come across one deaf dog and that was a Brindle, he has never come across a deaf white although having said that he says there are some about.

Its not fair to generalise all white dogs because of a few that are deaf.

I cant understand why everyone is so against the white Boxers, do you all think that anyone with a white Boxer is out to breed from them or what? "T" my friend has a male and female white Boxers and they are pets.

Ive seen sites on the web where they are selling "Black" boxers, they are impressive looking dogs.
shalocaboxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2005, 11:04 AM
My two are solid reds, but they are both known to turn deaf sometimes when they get a mind of their own and would rather go off chasing bunnies than come back, does that count???

As for "Black boxers", they are NOT rare as some people like to advertise them as...they are in fact reverse brindle.
It is supposed to be genetically impossible to breed a truely black boxer, and if it is truely black then I would be questioning its parentage
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2005, 01:58 PM
It isn't 'supposed' to be genetically impossible, it is genetically impossible as Boxers do not carry a gene for the black color. Black Boxers are registered as brindle when they are born and as they grow, due to the closeness of the brindle striping, they appear black.
shalocaboxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I apologise for my poor command of the English language, and consider myself suitably chastised
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >