register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

23-01-2005, 02:02 AM

White Boxers. Proposing a club/ society / registry for these dogs. Interested?

Is there anyone out there in the UK who would be interested in starting up a WHITE BOXER registry/WHITE BOXER club?

Initially it would be to register our pet dogs and try to give them some recognition i n their own right. We could campaign to let them be shown and to let the general public know that Boxers are born white and areas healthy as their colour counterparts?
happytails
New Member!

23-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Hi
we have four Boxers, two whites so yes we would be very interested in jooining.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Yip certainly would.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Me, me me I want to join please!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I think a club is an excellent idea. I think a registry is a very bad idea
the breeding of white boxers should not be encouraged in any way. Enabling pups to be registered could encourage people to think its Ok to breed them
Im a white boxer owner and I truly belive that they should not be bred, it is not necessary, and I believe its unethical.
I beg to differ on your belief that white boxers are as healthy as coloureds.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Agree with CBT on this one as I said on the other post.Why do you need another registry when they can be registered with the KC.
BTW YOU CAN SHOW WHITE BOXERS!! They just won't get placed .Any dog reistered by the KC can be shown at open and champ shows!!
The only show a white boxer wouldn't get shown at is Crufts since no judge would award it a qualifying place.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 05:08 PM
As I said on the other post....if you got a seperate registry going for whites it would encourae people to breed whites.If people breed for colour only they lose breed type and hence end up looking like a completely different breed
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-01-2005, 05:50 PM
As far as Im aware (please correct me if Im wrong) Archer is correct - if puppies come from two parents which are purebred and KC reg then the puppies can be regd as well, regardless of colour.
It is the same with white GSDs.
If they are KC reg it also means they can be shown, but again as Archer says, they wouldnt get placed as they are disqualifying colours for their breed standards.

The reason breeders do not reg the pups is so that people will view white boxers as pets only and not want to produced more, which is a good thing, bringing in a registry for white boxers doesnt sound like a good plan to me.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2005, 07:46 PM
CBT Saffy is registered, she came from two KC registered dogs. So you are correct, although obviously she cant show and breed.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

23-01-2005, 07:54 PM
my dog is also bred from two registered parents, and I have a typed pedigree with the names and KC numbers of the dogs in her breeding, but she was not KC reg'd by the breeder, and the woman whos stud she used is a well known Scottish breeder, I rang her to get some background history on Diesel, and she told me that they never register whites, so I guess the woman who used their stud dog must have decided to do the same.
personally I think its best not to breed them in the first place, but since people do, the best compromise would be to register them and endorse them not to be bred from, but sadly breeders wont do that because it means spending a few quid for a registration cert but if they did it might make people think twice about breeding from whites.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »