Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 06:17 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 10th January

Good morning everyone

Up before cockcrow this morning to get son to station in time to get ticket and his train to London. He couldn't go yesterday because of tube strike.

Pleased you seem to have turned the corner June so keep dry as possible and hope you manage to get the girls out for a bit of a run today.

Hooray Harvey now you can have some peace and quiet and hopefully the new owners will be nice.

Couldn't tell you what the weather is like as its too dark

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Good morning Sue, I hope your son gets his train as they say there is still striking on the southern line.

Glad you are feeling a bit better this morning June. Perhaps you might get the younger girls for a short walk.

Griff, hope you are feeling better too. Just taken some more ibuprofen for my leg. Slow to get better.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 08:03 AM
Good morning all
Am off into town for breakfast shortly with my friend
It's still dark outside, be glad when summers here
Sue hope your son got his train this morning, the stupid tube strike meant Liam's girlfriend normal trek to work meant that it added on an hour to her journey Liam says it should be illegal for them to strike.
Moyra I say Friday 13th is not bad luck anymore as it's my daughters birthday and on Friday she will be 18
I hope Griff, LG and June are feeling better this morning & aww Griff Deags being a photo star albeit a bit reluctant
Right be back later, have a good day all
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Son safely delivered to station and very little traffic on the road surprisingly. He will be ok with the trains as he can use South Eastern from Hastings. He would may be have difficulty from Brighton as the only other service is Thames Link and they also had problems yesterday. Unless you are able to access another service the South Britain is cut off from the rest of England Commuters and students are effectively being held to ransom with loss of education and loss of jobs too.

Hopefully your leg will soon be better Moyra.

Enjoy your breakfast with your friend Mandy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, Mandy and all to follow.
Grey and dark here today and cold.

Sue glad your son has made it back, Gorden left today to drive back to his room in London then tube or bus across to work.
Mandy enjoy your breakfast out today.
Moyra hope the leg is still improving.
Harvey good news on the neighbour front . Fingers crossed for better neighbours when the bungalow sells.
LG hope you and the Mem are soon recovered.
June glad you seem to be improving but agree best not to overdo things. How annoying with the lights some people have no thought or perception of these things. Our neighbours at the bottom they are just over 130 ft away have security lights and they shine directly into our kitchen which you can also see while sitting where the sofa is positioned in the living room. Thankfully we can pull the blackout curtain across the back door and shut it out.
It never comes on when we need it to see ourselves up the back garden most inconsiderate.

What a journey to MK yesterday to Ikea. 2 hours might as well gone to Lakeside or Tottenham we didn't do Tottenham as we thought the traffic might be heavier due to the tube strikes. We didn't leave till gone 12pm. Found a wardrobe carcass which will do the job of sitting in the recess and being a pantry with shelves.
Mark messaged me around 6pm to see if I wanted him to feed Dillon which was helpful as we didn't get in till nearly 7.30.

Quieter day today housework and ringing Gill who had another chemo yesterday and they had trouble parking.

Hoping everyone is well and all four legged friends also.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2017, 10:30 AM
There are bones today. Explained to friend undergoing Chemo that there is no way I can visit without sending her to the Plague House, she is still poorly herself and not wanting to add to it.
Doubt girls will get out today just the 50 mile round trip will be enough for one day after the week I've had. Also we have light rain at present and I'll take the advice I would give to others, Don't Get Wet And Cold. Not as much nose blowing, sneezing and coughing today, and head not pounding as much
Happy to hear you got your storage, Lynn. Another box ticked in your rebuilding and renovation project. Very long day that was for you.
Absolutely ridiculous that the capital of the country is being held to ransom over who opens and closes the train doors
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 12:05 PM
hello all
Moyra, i do hope the leg is soon on the mend
Sue, glad your sin managed to make it to where he needed to be
Lynn, send Gill my best
Mandy...happy birthday to Lauryn
TW, take it steady...i managed half way round the field yesterday and i was convinced i was going to die Lol...it certainly hangs about
Harvey, i am sorry i didn't make it on last night but i am proper chuffed for you that neanderthal man has left....lets hope you get a lovely new dog loving neighbour
LG,that makes me chuckle about you noticing the deerhounds appendage Lol. Must admit, i am not that taken with the halcyon...not sure if it is because i haven't managed to concentrate on it properly
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Done the bone run, been for shavings, just dropped one off at the back and the other two are in my car, not a chance I'll get all 3 into their loft area, I'll go all wobbly. As long as they have deep beds thats the main thing and if I drive a bale round every day and put it in I'll do it.
Fine rain started again and gone very dark here.
Am going to try and get some very short walks to the little park and a ball game tomorrow, even if its only 20 minutes they'll have had a run round
Need to sit down now for a while, then I'll bag the bones and go out and bring the bale in from the back gate and do beds for tonight
Mug of tea and a piece of cheese on toast needed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, i am sorry i didn't make it on last night but i am proper chuffed for you that neanderthal man has left....lets hope you get a lovely new dog loving neighbour
Thanks Griff, I wanted you to know especially because you put me onto those rolls of split bamboo fencing which did a great job of making him 'invisable' That helped a lot.

I suspect it will be a few months before it sells but we shall see.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Absolutely ridiculous that the capital of the country is being held to ransom over who opens and closes the train doors
I do agree June, also it occured to me today that the technology exists to have trains without drivers at all. I mean if driverless cars are being talked about and even used on the roads how much easier would it be to automate the train 100% - No drivers so no disputes and all the millions of people who just want to get to work and earn a few bob will be able to do so.

Have to go now wil return tonight.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >