Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2006, 10:47 AM

"Entire"...finally figured it out.

I keep seeing the words 'entire dog'.....'entire female/male'...I wasnt sure what was meant by it, finally it dawned on me. So, feeling a little embarrassed now.

Its funny, when I moved to US it took a while to get used to different words used, like surgical spirits (UK)=alcohol(US)...lift(UK)=elevator(US)...along with 'tricky ones' that I wont post. Id say to someone "Ill give you a ring" and they have a confused look on their face and ask me why I would give them jewelry

For a dog that has not been castrated or spayed....INTACT (US)=ENTIRE (UK).....right...Im getting the hang of it

Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Flipper
I keep seeing the words 'entire dog'.....'entire female/male'...I wasnt sure what was meant by it, finally it dawned on me. So, feeling a little embarrassed now.

Its funny, when I moved to US it took a while to get used to different words used, like surgical spirits (UK)=alcohol(US)...lift(UK)=elevator(US)...along with 'tricky ones' that I wont post. Id say to someone "Ill give you a ring" and they have a confused look on their face and ask me why I would give them jewelry

For a dog that has not been castrated or spayed....INTACT (US)=ENTIRE (UK).....right...Im getting the hang of it

I found this post quite amusing,my brothers girlfriend is in the usa he going out there soon to live.She came over last year for a visit and it was qiute funny,my brother had to explain the different meanings of certain words.
Sal
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2006, 11:16 AM
"US and UK - two great nations separated by a common language"!

As a Nottingham mate would have said, " 'E's had 'is nuts took"

Snorri

(English spoken, American understood)
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Teeheeheeheeheeeeeee! Bless you Flipper! That made me smile well at least you know now eh!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 11:34 AM
It reminds me of National Lampoons european vacaiton where Clark Griswald was on the plane to london from USA and he asks for some diet coke and the waitress asks
"would you like than in the can?"
and he says
"NoNo i'll have it right here!"

(can apparently meaning toilet!)

he he he he he!

Alex
xx