Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2005, 05:18 PM

City of Birmingham

Any one going this weekend? We're there Friday....
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm there Saturday, good luck to you.
Dawn.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
I'm there Saturday, good luck to you.
Dawn.
And to you let us know how you get on!!
Gwynsel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2005, 05:20 AM
I am there saturday...Good luck to everyone
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Not going, did not fancy driving there on a Friday morning for a non CC show, but the best of luck to those who are.

Do others limit the distance they will travel for Open Shows and Champs without CC's?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 07:34 AM
I only do Open shows when I have a puppy/junior and sitting in the middle of Ireland, just about every venue is accessible in a day trip, including shows in the North some of which are UK run and some IKC.
In the UK, all Championship shows award CCs for Dalmatians but the sheer expense of entry fees there and the need to stay overnight for many of them, cut down the number I went to. For Opens, Dalmatian classes necessary for JW were dying out rapidly so it was a case of travel or leave it.
In Ireland, all Champ shows are Green star for dogs and bitches in Dalmatians - some breeds there is only one awarded, for BOB - and for my first year I am going EVERYWHERE! Our entry fees are much lower with 2nd, 3rd dogs the equivalent of £3 not £18+ so it is cheaper to take the whole pack than to kennel the "also rans" for the day

Good luck to you all at Birmingham, that used to be one of my favourite shows.

Gill
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Will do a Champ show without CC if the judge is a breed judge I wish to support but even then the expense of fuel on top of the entry fees limits them to within a couple of hours, And I hate Birmingham and Coventry of a Friday, all the local drivers seem to give there brains and caution the day off
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm not showing but am going its only about 40minutes from home for me. So I will be having a browse around on Sat, anyone there give me a shout and I'll try and pop and see you Karen
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Not going, did not fancy driving there on a Friday morning for a non CC show, but the best of luck to those who are.

Do others limit the distance they will travel for Open Shows and Champs without CC's?

Usually yes! Will travel 2 1/2 hours to a champ with CC's and only about 1 hour to an open.Since I cannot afford to do too many shows per year it seems silly to travle too far since there are plenty within easy reach.Suppose I might feel different if we were chasing tickets
Doing C of B for 2 reasons...1/ cos I have a long break otherwise between shows...from beginning of August till the middle of october.Reason 2/...not saying..wil make a complete a###e of myself but will tell you tomorrow after the show
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 05:07 PM
:smt043 Do know your reason for going good luck
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >