Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 06:57 PM

New collie rescue

I know there are a lot of collie lovers on here so thought you'd be interested to know Scotland now has a BC rescue

bordercolliescotland

I'm trying hard not to look. There are some beautiful dogs.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Admirable that a BC rescue has been set up, but it doesn't seem to be a registered charity??? I also recognise one of the 'behaviourists'....isn't it the same person who took her unvaccinated puppy to her training classes and on a 5hr hike up a mountain?

I admire what they are doing, rescue is good...but I have some reservations about this being 'the' BC rescue for Scotland. Sorry.

There is a lovely BC bitch on there though...!!!!!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 07:23 PM
some lovely dogs on there
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 09:33 PM
molly
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Admirable that a BC rescue has been set up, but it doesn't seem to be a registered charity??? I also recognise one of the 'behaviourists'....isn't it the same person who took her unvaccinated puppy to her training classes and on a 5hr hike up a mountain?

I admire what they are doing, rescue is good...but I have some reservations about this being 'the' BC rescue for Scotland. Sorry.

There is a lovely BC bitch on there though...!!!!!
Funny enough that was my initial thoughts. But I will reserve judgement until I hear more about them. As you say, the sentiment is good - I've always been surprised that we haven't had our own bc rescue.

on the registered charity bit, I think (though I could be wrong here) that you only have to be registered (and in fact they may not let you register) if your charity income is below a certain level. I believe the level is not very high, but if they are just setting up they probably haven't reached the threshhold yet.
clydecollie
New Member!
Female 

04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
As one of the founders of www.bordercolliescotland.co.uk I can say that we have registered as a charity, but as we have received no income as yet, we have not been issued a registration number.

We have been helping border collies on a voluntary basis for many years, and everyones support for the rescue would be appreciated. If you have space at your fireside for one of our dogs, please get in touch.

All our dogs are vaccinated!!!!!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm sure that my mother's "foundation bitch" Cocker Spaniel came from somewhere like Banknock? A chap called Ian something, who ran a small garage business????? Or is my shonky memory getting worse.......?

Snorri
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by clydecollie View Post
As one of the founders of www.bordercolliescotland.co.uk I can say that we have registered as a charity, but as we have received no income as yet, we have not been issued a registration number.

We have been helping border collies on a voluntary basis for many years, and everyones support for the rescue would be appreciated. If you have space at your fireside for one of our dogs, please get in touch.

All our dogs are vaccinated!!!!!!!
And I think what you are doing is admirable. I was referring to one of your team who has posted on here (although not for a while since she posted about her unvaccinated pup attending her training classes and going on long mountain hikes.

Welcome to Dogsey and well done for what you do.
clydecollie
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Would be interested to find out who you are talking about in Banknock. There is a guy somewhere who trains spaniels as gun dogs, but I know nothing about him.. Any info would be appreciated.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Will you consider working homes for any dogs with a strong instinct? I sometimes get enquiries about collies for working homes, so could direct them to you if you do.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >