Female 

17-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Aw poor Jack

Get well soon x
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Are you giving him cough medicine as well as the antibiotics. I'm sure it speeds up recovery. Hope the coughind stops soon
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Get well soon Jack, gentle healing (((hugs))) being sent
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Awwwww poor Jack hope he is feeling better soon. Big cuddles to him from me and the Gang.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Wishing Jack a speedy recovery - you will have one boisterous boy wondering why no shows etc won't you!

Seems to be a lot around at the moment although haven't (touches wood) heard any near me.

But at Maidstone at the weekend heard an English coughing - do hope that wasn't KC - selfish owner if it was!

Will keep an eye on the boys but - again touches wood - aside from having a bout of it 3 years ago nothing since but Connor of course hasn't had it - I do worry as Sacha is old and may not be able to fight off the infection as well - it can be fatal with the young and old can't it.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Bryan had kennel cough (he caught it at Dog's Trust kennels) and spent his first two weeks with us spraying everything with green snot!

Hope your boy gets better soon xxx
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Bryan had kennel cough (he caught it at Dog's Trust kennels) and spent his first two weeks with us spraying everything with green snot!

Hope your boy gets better soon xxx
Thats not KC BUT canine flu which is a killer, up to 20% death rate even when treated with Anti B
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Thats not KC BUT canine flu which is a killer, up to 20% death rate even when treated with Anti B

My dog had canine flu? I don't know about that. He had kennel cough and a chest infection. Unless two different vets at Dog's Trust and my own vet didn't know what they were talking about
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
My dog had canine flu? I don't know about that. He had kennel cough and a chest infection. Unless two different vets at Dog's Trust and my own vet didn't know what they were talking about

That is a real possiblity.

Do a goggle on canine flu and pass it on to your two differant vets.

Or look under the topic on HOUNDS(greyhound deaths)
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 06:42 AM
A little update, yesterday, Jack didn't cough at all , but this morning he's had a tiny little cough, but I was moving him upside from laying on me, so I could get up this morning, and he did seem to be in a awkward postition

He's driving me crazy, he just wants to play all day, constantly, there's just so many times you can throw a ball, before it gets boring but I'm trying to teach him loads of new stuff to occupy his mind, the only trouble is he's such a quick studdy, but he seems to be enjoying it all, but I don't think he can understand why he's not going out for his walks though, poor lad

I know he could have picked KC up from anywhere, but when I told my cleaning lady about it (she's also my friend), she said 'that sounds like the cough Holly had' well Holly is a little Border Terrior she looks after while her owners are on holiday, I was so flammin mad, at the inconsiderate owners, who knew Jean would have to take Holly for walks as she lives in a flat with no garden, and at my friend for putting Jack at risk, the only trouble is my friend is not complety up on dog things, she loves them to bits and spoils them rotten, but thought that KC was just an inconvenience, she didn't realize how bad it could be, and didn't know how contageous it is, but still part of me keeps thinking ignorance is no excuse
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >