View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cheekycharlie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi everybody just wanted to give an update on Charlie. He was doing great and the vet reduced his Epiphen to 1/4 tablet per day he was fine for about 2 weeks and then he sarted to go down hill very fast, no fitting but ,he had episodes when he would stagger and his eyes would flicker then he would look dazed for a few minutes. I have increased his Epiphen to 1/4 twice a day and he is now coming back a little. I will take him to the vet if he does not get any better. Just when I thought he was going to be alright
cheekycharlie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi everybody. I have not been online for sometime due to family illness. Charlie had been doing great until last week. He had nine fits over two days. He has been put on 1/2 Epiphen twice daily and 1/4 Diazepam twice daily. He looks so unhappy and frightened when he is awake. The medication knocks him for seven. The vet has said that if he does not improve by Friday he will have to be put to sleep. This is breaking my heart I do not think that he recognises us when we speak to him. He has not had any more grand mal seizures but he does have the little ones that are fleeting and sometimes he loses his balance.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by cheekycharlie View Post
Hi everybody. I have not been online for sometime due to family illness. Charlie had been doing great until last week. He had nine fits over two days. He has been put on 1/2 Epiphen twice daily and 1/4 Diazepam twice daily. He looks so unhappy and frightened when he is awake. The medication knocks him for seven. The vet has said that if he does not improve by Friday he will have to be put to sleep. This is breaking my heart I do not think that he recognises us when we speak to him. He has not had any more grand mal seizures but he does have the little ones that are fleeting and sometimes he loses his balance.
just wait a while they someties come out of it shamus went into status a couple of months ago and we were within mins of euthanasia when he jumped up all normal and tried to run out the door
lucky star will be able to advise you better than me Pm HER XXXXX
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Hi Cheekycharlie

Just been reading the thread on Charlie and just wanted to wish you and him well. I hope all goes ok at the vets.

My friends lab had an epileptic fit last month but luckily it was a one off (at the mo) but the vet has said it could be seasonal and suggested that she get her spayed. I felt really bad as i couldn't make things ok for her as she was very upset when she phoned and all i could say was to keep calm so her dog would be calm and just to let the seizure pass.

Sounds like you are getting loads of great advice and help.
cheekycharlie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi everybody
Just wanted to let you all know that Charlie went to sleep this morning. He had a real bad night and the only thing I could do was to let him go. He is at peace now and I will never forget him.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 11:38 AM
awwww thats so sad RIP run free xxx thinking of you at such a difficult time xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Christine, I am so very sorry to read that Charlie has gone Sending you love and cuddles at this very sad time xx
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 01:27 PM
So sorry to hear this.

Run free Charlie xxx

Take care x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. It was a very brave decision and one I dread having to make.
I will keep you and Charlie in my thoughts and I hope you will be okay. Love and hugs to you.
Run Free Charlie.
xxx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >