Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Want a rat....need advice....

Hey all, have fallen completely in love with 3 rats i saw in pets at home, now i know i would rather have rescue, and have been giving it some serious thought, OH has had a hamster before when younger so has an idea of the cleaning etc and wants to put up a full scale rat maze if we get some

however before embarking on this journey, i would like as much info that a newbie would need (i did have 2 pet mice when younger but my mum got rid whilst i was at school )

All i really know at the mo is they are affectionate, love cuddles, like to be kept with another and need cleaning regularly. with good bedding like shredded paper and of course feeding on a regular basis (duh!!)...

any way all info gladly rec'd....

Alex
xx
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Best to speak to Zoundz...she seems to be the resident expert of all things ratty
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah she isnt online though and my comp is freezing when i go to pm...??.... so thought someone else could help in her absence until she get back on.....
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:50 AM
i'm here now - sorry I'm so late! best off emailing me - as I'm not often available on here

my email is zoundzy@hotmail.com - and I am more than happy to answer any and all questions, help you source a breeder or rescue, and give you any advice you need!

Hope I can be of some help!

xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
Best to speak to Zoundz...she seems to be the resident expert of all things ratty

Just about to say the same thing, but she's beaten me to it

If there's anything to know about rats, this girl knows it
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 07:36 AM

It really is wonderful to know you all think I'm pretty knowledgable on rats! I have done so much research since I started owning them, and even more since I started breeding - and it's really really lovely to see people have noticed!

xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 06:22 PM
we have all noticed, one thing is clear with everyone and its always their passions.....