View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Id suspect a flea allergy! Ot just an allergy to something..

My cat had terrible flea allergies when she was younger she only had to get one and it would cause her to bite an area so much her hair would fall out but their would never be any marks and the skin was never broken just her would fall out around the area because she would pick out. I put it down to her being anxious about something.

We tried feliway and all those kinds of things but it never worked. When she reached her twilight years the problem solved itself and she is much more relaxed cat now.

..........Even if she poos every -.-
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Vet said it looks like a hotspot that he's got at, possibly made worse by stress while I was away and now he's chewing it because he's given himself an infection. Spent £40 on a Comfy collar, lick strips and express postage yesterday. Going to collect antibiotics and a steroid spray tnoight, another £80. Just what I need before Christmas, thanks Cain
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Bless him! And your bank balance Hope he's feeling better soon. Casper's looks much better this morning thankfully, I think we got lucky and it hasn't got infected, just a little sore.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Vet said it looks like a hotspot that he's got at, possibly made worse by stress while I was away and now he's chewing it because he's given himself an infection. Spent £40 on a Comfy collar, lick strips and express postage yesterday. Going to collect antibiotics and a steroid spray tnoight, another £80. Just what I need before Christmas, thanks Cain
I've tried that steroid spray a few years ago on Georgie but it didn't actually work on his He was on steroids at the time too. Please ask your vet about that Fuciderm Amanda coz it's blooming marvellous for this type of thing, you would see it go all calm and normal within 24 hours - honest! Try a small tube it's only about £11, the larger one I use is about £18/£20. Good luck, and stop him from starting another one once you've got to grips with this one!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2011, 06:05 PM
It doesn't look like mange, more like a lick granuloma which a couple of my dogs have had in the past. They were given AB's and Fuciderm which did the trick. It just takes ages for the hair to grow back though. Hopefully Cain will be sorted soon!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Well just got back from the vets. She was busy health checking a whole litter of gorgeous GSP puppies, do I didn't get a chance to talk to get directly or ask her about Fuciderm. I have the steroid spray, 14 days of antibiotics and some hibiscrub to bathe it with. His Comfy collar had been dispatched so should here tomorrow, thankfully, as the little git ripped off his bandage again today when he was alone gggggrrrrr!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Bah! He pulled his bandage off again over night he left it on previously with the front spot but now the back one is there it really seems to irritate him and he's just got to get at it. His comfy cone should arrive today, I really hope that work
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Silly Cain! Hopefully the steroid cream will reduce the itch a bit and the antibiotics will clear up the infection.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I am sure your vet has given you the best advice for Can's particular problem, you know Cain, always likes to make a drama out of a crisis!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Hope it gets cleared up a bit in the next few days so you can both enjoy Christmas.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >