Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:06 PM

My Grandma's dog: front teeth?!

My grandma has a collie pup, 9 months old.

He appears to have all his adult teeth..... apart from the front top incisors! Those are still his puppy teeth, though slightly browned now.

Hes been to the vets about it, they are thinking of xraying him soom but suspect that he just does not have any adult teeth there.

Has anyone ever had this ?

Being fed on a kibble and tinned meal diet, I do not think it really affects him.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Gosh........she's brave, taking on a Collie. I hope that she's fit

I have never heard of this happening, and perhaps someone will be along soon with more information, but Jimmi is missing various front teeth and has no trouble with eating etc., although he does find it hard to graze grass as he cannot nip it off as most dogs do.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:18 PM
My grandma and grandad own their own business; two garden centres. They live on one. They both work full time. The dogs just bumble around with them most of the time. They live in the middle of the Forest and my grandad takes them on at least 2 decent walks a day. They have been involved with dogs all their lives, hence why my desire for canine companionship runs deep in my veins.

They have just ordered 'Sammy' his own agility set for Christmas. I am dead jealous!