View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 06:59 AM
I think the best thing you could try and do for the dogs is to try and find out who the breeder was and see whether he/she is reputable and willing to fight to get his/her dogs back.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Yes if you could find out who the breeder is, letting them know would be a start - and if they were decent enough, they would take the dogs back in. But reading how this person had the litter then put them in rescue, i would not be at all surprised if in fact they were the orginial breeders of the parent(s)!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I think the best thing you could try and do for the dogs is to try and find out who the breeder was and see whether he/she is reputable and willing to fight to get his/her dogs back.

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yes if you could find out who the breeder is, letting them know would be a start - and if they were decent enough, they would take the dogs back in. But reading how this person had the litter then put them in rescue, i would not be at all surprised if in fact they were the orginial breeders of the parent(s)!
Am having a go at trying to figure it out, I found the breeders but as far as I can see they bred these 3 dogs, they didn't own the sire though, so these dogs being 'gifted' are from the breeder, on their 'official' breeder site it shows they have quite a few more dogs, they show and are expecting another litter in August which they are looking for prospective owners now.
None of it really makes sense, I think one of the dogs, wasn't wanted by its buyer after showing for a bit and having a litter and they have that dog back at the breeders but it is up for sale and 'gifted' to the rescue.
Hope some of this makes sense as it really is confusing the life out of me
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Am having a go at trying to figure it out, I found the breeders but as far as I can see they bred these 3 dogs, they didn't own the sire though, so these dogs being 'gifted' are from the breeder, on their 'official' breeder site it shows they have quite a few more dogs, they show and are expecting another litter in August which they are looking for prospective owners now.
None of it really makes sense, I think one of the dogs, wasn't wanted by its buyer after showing for a bit and having a litter and they have that dog back at the breeders but it is up for sale and 'gifted' to the rescue.
Hope some of this makes sense as it really is confusing the life out of me
oh I think I see - so the breeder did take one of the dogs back but is unwilling/unable to keep them herself and evidently hasn't been able to sell them on....so she's dumping them in rescue instead.

I don't think you should get too hung up on the word 'gifted'- I think it basically just means handed over....it wouldn't surprise me if the breeder had also made a financial donation to the rescue to do so.

Very sad, but I guess no different to the thousands of people that dump their pet dogs for all sorts of weak and feeble reasons
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh I think I see - so the breeder did take one of the dogs back but is unwilling/unable to keep them herself and evidently hasn't been able to sell them on....so she's dumping them in rescue instead.

I don't think you should get too hung up on the word 'gifted'- I think it basically just means handed over....it wouldn't surprise me if the breeder had also made a financial donation to the rescue to do so.

Very sad, but I guess no different to the thousands of people that dump their pet dogs for all sorts of weak and feeble reasons
I think you are right
one dog (male) - has a bit of ear missing (after an altercation with another dog) so would make showing harder. Has an allergy issue (sorted with appropriate food), but guessing you wouldn't want to breed with said dog.

one dog (male) - was handed back to them, but is still being shown on other sites as a male breeder dog, with frozen semen available.

one dog (female) - bred with and now done with her.

Dumped dogs not happy
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I know its just the same as dumping any other pet - but i find it extra disgusting when a breeder hands dogs in that she has bred and shown, and will carry on to breed and show from other dogs.
Its like the first dogs were 'used' - Just a little stepping stone tp help the breeder gain what she wanted, and then when all that ended bam the dog means nothing, was it ever loved i mean seriously? if it was then she would have found a pet home her self if she really had to let some go.
I just hope pup buyers know what type of breeder she is, because i for sure wouldnt touch this sort of breeder with a barge pole.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I know its just the same as dumping any other pet - but i find it extra disgusting when a breeder hands dogs in that she has bred and shown, and will carry on to breed and show from other dogs.
Its like the first dogs were 'used' - Just a little stepping stone tp help the breeder gain what she wanted, and then when all that ended bam the dog means nothing, was it ever loved i mean seriously? if it was then she would have found a pet home her self if she really had to let some go.
I just hope pup buyers know what type of breeder she is, because i for sure wouldnt touch this sort of breeder with a barge pole.
I know, I just think there is a bigger responsibility with breeding, two of the dogs it seems they are just getting rid of them, one returned but going through an animal rescue to find it a home it seems one less dog from worse circumstances is missing out on a spot as the rescue made it clear they couldn't help all dogs as places are limited
It does also seem the breeder is part is linked to the rescue being part of the breeding club of the state, and being part of rescuing the breed from pounds, yet the dogs shown, were not in pounds but two of theirs and another one returned.
I wouldn't be touching the rescue group or the breeder either, it seems that something is seriously amiss
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2