Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Anyone else worry

I'm terrible for it,
If the kids go out and are late back, start to worry,where they are and what they are doing

And this morning Luke had to be in work for 8,O/H said I will take him,I was taking Lizzie to do her papers,because it was dark,spitting with rain and she hasn't been well.
I was back by 7.30,hubby had already gone with Luke,I expected him back by around 8,so when he wasn't I kept clock watching
I kept thinking I hope they are ok he got back at 8.20,apparently the person opening up this morning was late so he sat in the car with Luke.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes, another worrier here My daughter left home a few years ago, we talk most days but if I don't hear from her for 2 or 3 days start to worry and send a text or call her. I try to keep telling myself "you can worry all you like, it won't change any thing", doesn't always work though, than "you're a Mum, that's your job" (which is daft). If we didn't worry there'd be something wrong
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes , Yes, Yes!!! worrying is part and parcel of being a parent!

My son is 30 yrs old, he has his own place, but even now if he goes away for a weekend or on holiday, if he does nto phone I worry

My daughter is 26 she lives at home, she has no restrictions nor do I interfere with her life (I give advice thought ) if I wake up in the night and she is not in, I cant go back to sleep until she comes in I ask her if for any reason she is not coming home, to either text me or ring to let me know.

I worried over them on their first day at school (which ever level) when they first started to go out alone and will worry over them till the day I die.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 10:09 AM
I am a HUGE worrier I worry about them all the time. They are only 9,6 and 4 so god help me when they hit teenage and want to go out on their own I will become a nervous wreck

Mind you when the Hubby rings to say when he will be home from work I will panic if he is more than a minute late It is in my nature to worry
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
eermmm yes! waited up for my daughter last night she went out with a friend in his car i was watching tv upstairs (loft conversion) but at 1 got worried she wasnt in went downstairs to call her no answer on her phone! went up to the loo her room is next door to it so went in and there she was tucked up in bed fast asleep!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes

There is nothing I don't worry about x