Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2022, 07:58 AM

Sunny Sunday 4th September

Good morning everyone

Don't know what happened to my post yesterday but it disappeared!

Pleased mum and dad arrive safe and all quiet so far. Hope it stays that way Kelly

Hope your daughter can get some help for the pain soon Chris.

Hope someone soon buys the car Lynn

All quiet here yesterday. Today plan to put some wood preservative on the shed but nothing else . Back to the school run tomorrow - two schools now but fortunately not far apart and one on the way to the other.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2022, 09:48 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Busy busy Sue same as us with Freya. Retirement has flown out of the window and having the freedom to do what you like when you like.
Only consolation is we probably won't be able to afford to do half the things we had planned soon anyway.

Glad Rosie's a bit brighter Chris.
Glad mum and dad arrived safely griff.

Just a potter at home day here today I think.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2022, 10:36 AM
Morning. Funny you should mention potter as that is what I'm doing, reading Harry Potter again. Love the story. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2022, 10:37 AM
Good morning all

More overcast than sunny here today. Cardigan weather, but that's how I like it.

Now't much happening apart from the usual.

Kids soon grow up. My grandkids are now 24, 22, and 19. Where have those years gone? The younger two used to love coming to stay with us and taking advantage of a nan and granddad living at the coast. Now we just get the odd visit now and then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2022, 11:29 AM
brenda. Enjoy the book.
Time flies Chris Joel will be 21 in March next year first Grandson. Freya is already 1 unfortunately our time is marching on too and we love to help but at the moment it seems at the expense of our retirement.
Mark is starting a new job so that adds the days on as he is training for the next 3 weeks.
We will be leaving here by 7 am and getting home about 7 pm for the next 3 weeks.
Plus we now have a Sunday added onto the days.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2022, 02:23 PM
It can get way too much Lynn. Like you say, we love to help, but we want our lives too.

I hate to say it, but living a hundred miles away does have certain advantages But I wouldn't object to seeing them a bit more often too. There's never a happy medium is there?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2022, 02:37 PM
Afternoon all
Spent ages trying to get an ingrown eyelash out of my upper eyelid, finally managed it and didn't blind myself lol.
Gosh Lynn, seems like you don't have much time for yourself, are they not entitled to the nursery vouchers?? I think you can get about 30 hours a week.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2022, 02:53 PM
It can be a bit overwhelming Chris sometimes. Hoping it settles down a bit a when Mark gets his rota.
I think we are going to have to say can't do that day or these days sometimes instead of being readily available.
There's the thing griff the advice is all conflicting.
Firstly Freya is only just one, some advice says from 2 others 3. Some say 15 hours others say 30 hours and somewhere else it says you forfeit the now equivalent of family allowance if you take the 30 hours free childcare.

I know Lauren did say she wanted her to go to nursery at some point before going to school. Trouble is things are so expensive now. £78 a day where they live and that was before the cost of living and energy price increase so goodness what it will be now or in the next few weeks. Plus you have to pay if the child is off sick or you go on holiday.

She has 3 Granddads and 3 nannies Lauren's mum works but does have every other weekend off and it was thought her and Lauren's step dad would do every other Sunday that seems to of now changed, not Lauren's mum but her step dad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2022, 03:56 PM
https://www.pacey.org.uk/working-in-...4aAvRUEALw_wcB
Don't know if that would help Lynn?
I would have thought that the other grand parents would love to have Freya.... even if just for the day, I hope I don't come across as horrible but it seems a little unfair for it to be left at your and Gordens doorstep just because you are retired.....I know you love having Freya but in all honesty, if you are helping in the week etc, then other grandparents should be offering help when they are free. Leaving at 7am and getting home at 7pm is a very long day and as much as you want to help, what would happen if you couldn't?? Would the other grand parents step in then?? Just thinking as winter is coming and with that comes cold/ flu etc.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2022, 05:36 PM
All those things have gone through my mind griff.
They all say they want to have her but when asked they are all busy.

To be fair they are working but some Sundays they could step in, Mark always use to have Tuesday and Sunday off. He will still have a Tuesday off I think but every other weekend he has to do Saturday and Sunday he always had Sundays as well as Tuesdays before changing jobs.
Lauren does a Sunday so she gets an extra weekday.
At Freya's party she mentioned it to us and Lauren's mum and stepdad said I don't get up at that time half jokingly, then said yes they could do it.
Now it seems Sue's Sundays clash.

I think when Mark has settled into his new job we will all have to have a chat it started out 2 days a week Monday and Wednesday now that has changed somewhat. We agreed to that, plus it costs us fuel to get there and back a 60 mile round trip.

Gets me down sometimes I see our retirement slipping away but don't want to put extra financial pressure on them.

Sure it will sort itself out but I think we are going to have to a bit tougher sometimes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >