View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-11-2009, 09:04 AM
I hope Zena will be feeling lots better as the day goes on and she starts to eat more, Helena.

Cuddles to the lovely lass from me and Loki sends doggy hugs to her as well.

Take care and hugs to you frae me
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Firstly shame on me for missing this,

Secondly shame on me for missing this!!

When I first started reading this thread of yours..I thought "Oh dear God, what have I done, I was the one who was spouting off about the internatl stitches and how wonderful they are...and now look what I have gone and done" Poor Zena. I was feeling soooo guilty after our phone conversation the other week and telling you how marvelous those stitches are!.

Then reading a bit further along poor Zena has had some kind of reaction I got really worried, in fact I was scared to read on at one point mate I can tell you!!

So it was a bug then that she picked up from the vets or what? I have been skimming through trying to get to the last few posts...as yer do!!!

What can I say? just sorry I was not here for you. No excuses on my part mate, but you know why I haven't been on here much lately.

Note to self...Must check in each day!!!!

Your mate Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hugs to Zena and Georgie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 11:00 AM
BACK TO THE BLADDY VET NOW!!! GRRRRR, I'M LIVID WITH THEM!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
BACK TO THE BLADDY VET NOW!!! GRRRRR, I'M LIVID WITH THEM!!!!
Oh no H, is she still not OK, sorry missed a lot of this, but just saw this bit.

XXXXXXX for you all,
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh no! I hope Zena is okay.
xxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Hope she's ok H xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:18 PM
helen i hope zena is ok?? hugs to you all. xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys! I'm sick and tired on my bladdy vets and I am going to write a letter of complaint, I don't give a monkeys that they're an RCVS Hospital, and in actual fact, I think I'm going to go over their heads and actually write my letter of complaint to the RCVS toboot!!!

It's a long story, but when you find yourself with TWO dogs, both of whom have come out of their operating theatre stinking to high heaven from head to toe, so much so in fact, that you wrench yourself when you put them in the car, so much so the FIRST time (with Georgie a year or so ago) that you find yourself having to pick up the telephone and speak to your vet there and then, and tell them how appalled you are at the condition your dog came back in, is it any wonder that when you pick up your 2nd dog from the same place, having had surgery itself, but this time being a one year old, sleek, soft silky furred puppy smelling like a rose, handed back to you in the very same stinking, claggy furred condition, is it any wonder that you get an infected wound??? Nah, don't think so!!! Once is acceptable after an apology, but twice, no, and if things had gone pretty smoothly I would have kept my big gob shut, but not this time, oh no, not this 2nd time, not with what my poor Zena has gone through in one week!!! I'm going to write a letter now.... It'll be a long one!!!!

Please don't ask I've lost the will and the inclination, suffice to say, Zena is fine now, I've just got to wait another week to see if half the stitches don't "pop" open (apparently, due to a reaction, apparently ), the other half have already knitted themselves together (apparently ).

Now I've had some dogs in my time, most of which have had operations, my last bitch Cassie was in the vets for an entire week, her life having being saved after eating poison, one whole week, and yet she came out of another vets smelling as sweet as she did when I took her in there, so you tell me, WHY, my dogs have to be claggy coated, half wet, and reeking to high heaven when I pick them up from this place then??? I never said anything before, I was more concerned that I had at least got her back in one piece, and well under the way to recovery, but that was before Thursday night when I stupidly took her back for a check-up, and I wish I could turn the clock back! I think this place has serious cleanliness issues!!! Who in their right mind has a bladdy great big carpeted MAT in the waiting room of a sick dog's surgery anyways??? Have YOU ever seen that? I wonder how often that gets cleaned??? Hmmmmm!

Oh I'm not happy and if there are any further "complications" with my dog then they're gonna have real worries when I get on the case!!

She's fine, she's fine, please don't think she's taken a turn for the worse, it's ME who's done that! Lol! I'm on the case again then..... this'll be a long one by the looks! If nothing else, I want at the very least an answer from them as to WHY both my dogs came out of there smelling like they've been in a nursing home for a month without a wash!!!!! Coz they did, believe me they did, and that's not on from a very big RCVS hospital in my book!

Rant over, sorry!!! So will they be when I've done my letter!!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh Aitch honey, I'm so sorry to hear this but glad to hear you're back at home with her now. I'm afraid I agree with you about the lack of cleanliness that you seem to be experiencing. Even when Cassie was 3 days on a drip with the Pancreatitis and had to be taken for a wee with the drip in and had a fit while she was in there, she wasn't in a state like what you've described. Our vet even apologised that they hadn't time to clean her up before we picked her up and she was fine really. You go for it girl and sort them out!!!!! xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks Jackie I've just had a chat with Dave about all of this, and although he agrees with me, he also reminded me that whatever vet I go to around here, this particular place will possibly be the emergency 24hr vet. He doesn't like the place either, he is of the opinion that they "experiment" with us and our canine friends with OUR money, they complete rip off merchants, I bet a lot of peops on here didn't pay £320 odd quid for a routine spey did they???? No, I doubt it!

Over the years, I've heard quite horrendous stories about the place too from other dog owners who wouldn't go near the place with a barge pole, one particular gsd owner ended up suing the pants off them for damaging her dog's spine whilst it was in there, by putting the needle in the wrong place or something similar, and I remember chatting to her about it, her poor dog, only 2 years old and it could hardly walk!

I went to their other branch lunchtime today with Zena, and have to say, the lady there who saw me inbetween ops coz the vet had "gone home" was outstanding, didn't rush me or Zena, and answered every single question I fired at her, so do I really want to stir up a hornet's nest, with the liklihood that sometime in the future, one of my dogs might actually end up back in there as an emergency when I'm actually registered somewhere else? That's what Dave keeps harping on at me about, so I'm finding myself (most unlike me!!!) somewhat hesitant into leaping into the void so to speak. You know me well enough by now Jackie, that nobody gets away with something that is wrong without me voicing my opinion, just like I did the first time about Georgie and the state of him, so I suppose, I could calm down a tad and perhaps do a more "factual" type letter to them, asking them to answer the question rather than venting off at them, perhaps! Lol! Why is Dave such a voice of reason when I've got me hackles up hey??!!!! He always does this to me, just when I'm all fired up to go in guns ablazing!

It's Zena I have to consider here, and her future care, not my outright rage in how they've taken my money and left her in this state and wouldn't even get me a nurse to speak to on the telephone this morning coz "they were all busy", when I only wanted a bit of post op advice, so they got the wrath of H I'm afraid, but at least I got to speak to that nurse!!!! I've calmed down now I think! Thanks Jackie.xxxxx
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »