Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 09:46 PM

Dogs That are Not Cared for Properly

I look at my dogs and sometimes I think that they are lucky, I shouldn't think that as they are treated how all dogs should be treated. They are well cared for, loved , exercised , fed/watered, have a roof over their heads , they have toys etc and each other as well as, of course us and importantly a home for life with no 'strings' attached.

Then I think of all the dogs out there that have owners but they are not cared for properly. There are even some whom I am sure would be better off in rescue kennels.
I wonder what the answer is. I do not think it is simple and I do not think a license would stop this.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I read that and thought how sometimes I sit here, watching mine snoring thier heads off in the warm etc.,
You obviously think the same as I do.

Don't know what the answer is, but I know that it makes me sad when Im out walking and especially in this weather know of dogs in close areas that spend thier time outside in a kennel......brrrrrrrrrrrrr how that makes you feel, and theres me covering the chicken house with rugs
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I feel the same about the feral cats at work. When I see them out in all weathers, I think they should be tucked up at home on a bed somewhere, not out and about wondering where the next meal is coming from.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 09:57 PM
i look at my 2 and the differences in them are overwhelming. dylan, who'd had 4 owners before i was lucky enough to get him 6 years ago, is an insecure, neurotic dog. don't get me wrong, he is a million times better than when i first saw him but it makes me sick to my stomach that he has quite obviously been mistreated. i did see evidence of this myself as he belonged to a friend of mine for 3 and a half years.

lily, my little clean slate, is a self assured, happy, confident pup. totally secure and with no bad habits caused by neglect or abuse.

i don't know what the answer is either. to us it is so simple to give your pet all he or she needs and all the love they require. if only this was the norm.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I feel the same about the feral cats at work. When I see them out in all weathers, I think they should be tucked up at home on a bed somewhere, not out and about wondering where the next meal is coming from.
Awwwwwwwwww we feed a ferrel tabby cat, I know where he is at the moment though, I have given him a box in the shed with a blanket warmer than trailing around in this
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Awwwwwwwwww we feed a ferrel tabby cat, I know where he is at the moment though, I have given him a box in the shed with a blanket warmer than trailing around in this
That is a lovely thing you have done adopting him xxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:17 PM
That is a lovely thing you have done adopting him xxxxxx
Not sure who adopted who....I think I am his slave...dinner server.

He still won;t let me touch him though and he's been around along time, with his family of ferrel cats (from time to time he fetches them with him) they know I am a soft touch I am sure
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I feel the same about the feral cats at work. When I see them out in all weathers, I think they should be tucked up at home, not out and about wondering where the next meal is coming from.
have you every tried to keep a feral cat in?? most (not all) prefer to stay outside, as long as they are neutered I think they are better off outside
ATD x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
have you every tried to keep a feral cat in?? most (not all) prefer to stay outside, as long as they are neutered I think they are better off outside
ATD x
i've got 2 cats who were both feral kittens. they show no interest in going outside and one is on the sofa and the other is on my bed at this moment in time. just wanted to say that not all ferals prefer the outdoors!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I know what you mean.....I wish I could take every dog in that was left out in the cold, I also wish I had the room for every rescue....Maybe one day I can dream! x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >