View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 05:43 PM
I dont ever travel more than 2hrs for any show, CC's or not! Never have done, its not the be all and end all for me, I have friends who would travel the length and breadth of the country for an open show, different strokes...........
Dawn.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Think it depends on two main things, we do not have many classes, open or Champion, so it is a chance to catch up with friends, and if you live somewhere like I do everywhere is more than 2 hours away, not as bad as some though, think of those who live on IOW or in Scotland.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 06:06 PM
I am there on working day (sat) was supposed to be taking two of my bitches but one has come into season, so will only be taking the younger one, I normally travel to most major shows, as my breed dont have CC's yet it makes no difference, I suppose it will once they come in to play, but I just enjoy going to the shows anyway so dont think CC's will effect me too much.

Mo
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by mo
I am there on working day (sat) was supposed to be taking two of my bitches but one has come into season, so will only be taking the younger one, I normally travel to most major shows, as my breed dont have CC's yet it makes no difference, I suppose it will once they come in to play, but I just enjoy going to the shows anyway so dont think CC's will effect me too much.

Mo
It is not the CC's that get me entering it is the fact that we get a bigger entry and there are more people to chat to Also get A list breed judges, well sometimes and that is an attraction too.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 06:19 PM
if you live somewhere like I do everywhere is more than 2 hours away,

I never thought of that, I guess I am lucky living in the middle.
Stafford - 25 mins
NEC - Half an hour
Malvern and Stoneleigh 50 mins or so, with you living where you do it would make most shows quite a journey, but worth it when you do well!!!
Dawn.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Well we're back.
The other reason I went was because the judge had given one og my boys RBIS at an open show earlier this year so thought it would be worth the extra few miles
Well Frankie won post grad in a good class of 7 with Kas getting 2nd in the same class.Asa was 2nd in open...his highest placing in open at hamp level so no complaints.We had a good entry for a non CC show....great atmosphere,lovely show and very well organised! Good day!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Well done! AND you got home at a civilised time!

Gill

PS Just had a peek at the results on the Higham Press website - LOVE Frankie's show name!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by spotsmad
Well done! AND you got home at a civilised time!

Gill

PS Just had a peek at the results on the Higham Press website - LOVE Frankie's show name!
Thankyou! Must admit hes well named...
Traffic was bad on the way home....traffic jams everywhere
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-09-2005, 05:25 PM
well done :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Well done you.