Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I agree. Surely Cosmo's breeder would be grateful of a good and experienced home to take on and rehabilitate this dog, rather than asking £££s? Such a shame if money is more important
I don't think it's the money issue though i can't speak for the breeder - the people like to know exactly where there dogs are and who they are going to. That i can't argue with, at least they are responsible in that direction. Above i mentioned them having to search to buy a dog back - they actually paid well over the odds to get him as the new owner knew he wanted him back and just asked silly money.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for clarifying the position Linda. Have you bought Monty on the same understanding?

I can understand the breeder wanting to know where their dogs have gone, but perhaps you could put Magic in touch with the breeder?

Did you ever get the NI you talked about?
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh NO, he's my ray of light Don't get me wrong, i want him to work and he is displaying all the right signs at the mo - but i'm taking it easy with him - in a bad way of putting it, he's my replacement for gizmo and i adore him already. He is feisty, nosey, impatient - everything that drives you nuts but he's mine

Ooops sorry i only saw your last bit - Nope i didn't get it - things weren't right and a bit of common sense prevailed. Not against the breed i have to add - just from my point of view
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Oh NO, he's my ray of light Don't get me wrong, i want him to work and he is displaying all the right signs at the mo - but i'm taking it easy with him - in a bad way of putting it, he's my replacement for gizmo and i adore him already. He is feisty, nosey, impatient - everything that drives you nuts but he's mine

Ooops sorry i only saw your last bit - Nope i didn't get it - things weren't right and a bit of common sense prevailed. Not against the breed i have to add - just from my point of view
Aww he sounds fab! It'd be great to meet him. I am sure he and Yogi would be great friends!

I don't blame you choosing a GSD pup over a NI No offence NI owners but GSDs rule
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Hi, hows it going - you've not been on the forum for some time

Monty - hard to tell really really - i think he will have a large head having seen the parents. He's an absolute topper. Got him assessed today and he was a gem for all of his 10 weeks old Got a few bits homework to do with him before the next session and also introduce him to the clicker.

Cosmo didn't fare at all well which is a shame as he was the right age to licence for work. I think the politest comment was - you could train him to be a good housepet or just keep him and use him as a stud dog (which i'm not into). It has left me with a huge problem though - the people i got him off are having personal probs at the mo and i'm really nervous about phoning them to tell them that he hasn't made the grade. It's a shame because he is an absolute stunner and i've been putting a lot of work into him - to what i thought would be the detriment of the pup. Though that proved not to be the case. Thats going to be my phone call tonight to sort something out. Unfortunately honesty has to be the best policy!

Maybe not so much a good home here after all for him.

I think now i just have to put everything into the pup and concentrate on him though it drops me back a good few months.
Hi Linda,

Have been wondering if you managed to make contact with the breeder and was wondering what was happening to poor Cosmo - thought you may have given me a call.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Update on Cosmo:

Good and Bad news, lol - doesn't that always happen:

Good news i think - once his PLAY drive is built on (though this could take 6 months or longer), then his other drives can be worked on.

Having spoken to a very good friend of the family - it was agreed between them that i can try and home him from here.

It is the breeders wish that he is placed in an experienced home but only as a pet and NOT as a working dog. To this end it is preferred if he was neutered also by any prospective owners.

For me that is good news - the bad news is that i still have to lose him as my trainer has explained that this will take too much time off my pup and i have taken on too much in one go. Had i only had Cosmo as a single dog within the house then it would have been ok - but with all the training i am due to be doing then it is not fair on Cosmo (or the pup or i) for him to be left doing nothing.

I hope this post hasn't upset too many folk as i do know how sometimes you can read between the lines and wonder what is going on - unfortunately i always tend to post what i think which doesn't come across well even though my intentions are honourable - well in the case of the dogs it is, lol
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the update on Cosmo, Linda. I will keep my ears open for a good, experienced pet home and let you know if I hear of anything.

Do you have any better photos of him, as that may help?

Cheers.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you - that would be very much appreciated

I'll try and put sopme pics on in a wee while.

Linda
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the update, I too will keep my eyes and ears open for a good home for him.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 07:17 PM
That would be appreciated, thank you
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >