Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:16 PM

What's your dogs guilty food pleasure??

Was just reading the 'Dogs who thrive on 'bad' foods thread in diet n nutrition and it reminded me of Kiara's guilty food pleasure.

She absolutley adores cooking oil and butter
I drove myself batty sure I'd bought some vegetable oil but whenever I went for it, it was gone In fact I thought for a while one of my foster kids was nicking it and even went as far as to ask her !! hahahaha that was a fun conversation

I eventually found 5 empty bottles under my kitchen units - Kiara had opened the cupboard door got the oil opened it and probably all 3 had drunk it, she's then shoved the bottle in the hole to hide it That's how I discovered a) she can open the doors and b) she loves oil! Her coat was always gleaming though Now all oil is kept in top cupboards but if the butter is left on the counter top it's gone as soon as my back's turned

So what's your dog's guilty pleasure???
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Parker's is cake!

I was on the heath once with him talking to a gentleman with a very overweight Cavalier we see regularly. Parker was off-lead and he found a Victoria sponge cake someone dumped there and was scoffing it down his face as fast as possible! I had to go over and grab him

The Cavalier owner said smugly "My dog doesn't scavenge" and I replied laughingly "that's because he's so fat-he doesn't need to!"

He did it again last week, he was on the edge of one field as Chery and I crossed over to the next then I suddenly realised he wasn't with us and he normally keeps reasonably close. I went back to the previous field as he wasn't responding to his name and he was scoffing a large chocolate sponge down as fast as he could

Actually I was quite relieved it was cake as initially I thought it was a pile of horse poo and I felt really sick!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I do not believe my dogs or any dogs in fact experience guilt! They take pleasure in all foods, much like myslef!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
bens guilty food is when he gets 1 over on the cats and snaffles their food. and boy do we know all about it the *deposits* i have to clear up the next day BLUGHHHHHHHHHHH
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Vegas is easy-Doritos (blue packet flavour).He will literally blow bubbles with saliva if he smells Doritos and drools like crazy.Is also very fond of cheese and can hear the cling film being removed from lump at 50 paces.

Zeb-Chicken poo.Makes me retch when he comes in and burps in my face.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Bread.... Jamie especially, he is a bread thief given the chance, if silly mummy turns her back!! They love digestives, custard creams and hob nobs too!!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Nothing guilty about my pack of little baskets!
Top of their list is anything and I do mean anything they have seen me eat.
Doesn't matter what they have to do to steal it,people food is better and they're sure of it!
7' shelf?Pahh,work of a moment for an agile hound.
Kiddi locks are no match for a mastiff or a really determined greyhound.
I'll end up like the jailer at the Tower of London with industrial locks on every cupboard and a list to the left from the weight of the key ring!
I should grow some facial warts and a hump and then I could be an Igor...
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
my dogs love everything, but the worst is the cat poop eugh, im forever telling them off for sticking there heads in the litter trays, (its the hooded kind i have aswell, was kinda hoping it would stop them but it doesn't)

i must add that my litter trays are poop scooped everyday and changed every second day ( i have 3 litter trays)
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Biscuits !!!!!! and i don't mean bono's Custards creams, Malted milk anything sweet

I don't like them having them, but i suppose the odd one now and again won't hurt

My Megan {newfie} looks like someone has turn on a tap, the drool runs out anytime the biscuits are out
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Prawn crackers *blush* Of course he doesn't feel guilty eating them but I feel guilty feeding them to him! I generally don't fed him human food (except healthy leftovers) but he can smell a prawn cracker a mile off, and when he doesn't "that" face, I can't resist
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >