View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 01:12 PM

Had a break through! - Not barking when left! and learnt names of toys!

After my thread the other week about Loki barking when left he hasnt barked when Ive left him in his pen for the last three days! I havent done anything different but the lovely comments I recieved about how I shouldnt feel guilty about leaving him and that I was doing the best for him may have helped me not to feel so guilty which he is picking up on and consiquently being calmer, in which case I owe a thankyou again for the lovely comments they obviously helped!

Ive also had another breakthrough, I have always said names of Loki's toys (giraffe, ball etc not fred or whatever im not that mad! Yet ) to try to get him to learn them so I can just say get .... and he will get it, well hes been doing this with his ball and other toys but its usually the toy we've just been playing with so could have been my scent on it and the fact hes more focused on that particular toy then that he actually knew the name of it, but on my break I lined up all his toys and said get Girraffe and he did, first time he kind of snifed them all and I kept saying no girraffe and he got it and gave it to me next time he went straight too it and brought it too me, did same with his ball even ignoring the tripe stick I put with his toys which is his favourite! Last night I couldnt find one of his toys and said wheres zebra and he tottered off and pulled it out from under the cushion on the sofa! So he must be getting it now! Im hoping to teach him names of house hold objects like the remote and stuff and have him get me things to keep his little brain active and let me be lazy lol also could come in very handy when OH is hogging remote, cause could get Loki to sneakily get it for me!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 01:16 PM
LOL, think my other half is hoping to have a 'slave' dog, oh no wait, thats me

Well done on the barking thing, its only whats best for her at the end of the day! and seems to be working well.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
LOL, think my other half is hoping to have a 'slave' dog, oh no wait, thats me

Well done on the barking thing, its only whats best for her at the end of the day! and seems to be working well.
Thanks DG I dont want a slave dog only thinking of whats best for him and keeping his little brain active besides when its wet out I have to get up every five minutes to let him outside and to let him in again and wipe his feet so am sure he would like to pay me back by saving me getting up to get things!

Thankyou, hope it lasts and I havent spoken too soon I feel alot beter leaving him when he doesnt bark!