Female 

03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Hoping for some good news soon,
Thinking of you and Ollie xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Hope you're doing ok there Lynn, I've only just logged in today, but I've read all the latest and at least they're beginning to find a few pin points which is always good. The mri scan is a good idea too in the circumstances, it will help them tremendously, I just hope he's managed to settle down a bit more so they can do whatever they need to do with him. Oh I don't know, always trauma's for us all at the moment, but at least you've done what you had to do and got him up to the vets where's he's safe and can be monitored, there really is no better place for him. Glad you slept like a log (all that stress no wonder!), and all you can do now is sit and wait and let them do their job, they sound such wonderful vets, you'll have him home soon try not to worry.xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Just had a call too let us know they are still doing diagnostics on Ollie so he has been having tests since about 10.30.

They are being very thorough.

Will update again when I have more news.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for keeping us all updated Lynn - we are all wishing for the best for Ollie - fingers crossed xxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 03:04 PM
At least you know they are doing everything they can for now. The more they know the better, sorry I cant even think of anything to say that would make you feel better as I know how worrying this must be, we are all hoping for the best for him though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Had another call from the neurologist Ollie is not allowed home tonight. He is round form the GA and is slowly warming to her she said.

She will ring a lot later with the results of the Scans and fluids they took. There are no tumours in his spine or anywhere so thats good news but he does have orthopedic bone disease but they still cannot work out why his back legs went only that it is possible he was unwell and it exaggerated the condition.

If he can walk normally tomorrow he will be allowed home on strict rest and anti inflammatories.

I miss my boy but know he is in the best place but I do worry he thinks we have abandoned him.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Had another call from the neurologist Ollie is not allowed home tonight. He is round form the GA and is slowly warming to her she said.

She will ring a lot later with the results of the Scans and fluids they took. There are no tumours in his spine or anywhere so thats good news but he does have orthopedic bone disease but they still cannot work out why his back legs went only that it is possible he was unwell and it exaggerated the condition.

If he can walk normally tomorrow he will be allowed home on strict rest and anti inflammatories.

I miss my boy but know he is in the best place but I do worry he thinks we have abandoned him.
Thanks for the update Lynn, I've been checking in regularly to see if there is any news xxx

Thank goodness there are no tumours, that did cross my mind and I know it was in yours also. Maybe the pain was just too much for him to cope with and, whatever it is, caused him to collapse at the back end...I just cannot grasp at any possible answers here, even with all my years of doggy ownership.

I'm sure he is missing you, but if he is warming to the vet that has got to be a good sign, bless him.

I truly hope it will be good news and he can come home to you tomorrow.

Still thinking of you all and still got everything crossed xxx
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Thinking of you and Ollie xx
Page 11 of 123 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 111 > Last »