View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I meant to add that you can remove the food in the hand once the dog knows the cue word, you can do this by putting your hand in the position as a signal but without food in it (but still reward with food, just not from your hand) and if you want, you can progress to just using the cue word and no signal ...

You can also reward after the Good! with a game with a toy, throw of a ball etc ...

Good luck

Wys
x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi Agika

Excellent advice already given. I was just wondering do your dogs jump up at you and if so how do you react to it?

When we first got Max his previous owners had 'trained' him to jump up at them (cute when he was little maybe - not cute when he weighs 8 stone!) As a result he used to do it to us and anyone who came round would be pinned to the wall. We simply ignored him until all 4 feet were on the floor and then rewarded him with treats and praise. This soon stopped him jumping up at us and also visitors.

I was just thinking that if they do jump up at you and family / friends then they may stop doing it to strangers if you discourage it altogether.

If however they are not jumping up at you and people they know and they just do it to strangers then this post probably won't be much help to you, sorry!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2