Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 12:12 PM

first agility lesson

Hi everyone,

just wanted to share!

Moses (ESS) had his first ever agility lesson this morning and loved it and was really really good The rest of the class is on their fourth week (we started late as he's just been neutered) and you couldn't tell the difference He learned the dog walk and a-frame to a stop (on lead) then off-lead did a-frame two jumps, then recall and sendaway over four jumps, then a tunnel turn jump in both directions was soooooo proud of him! the rest of the class looked a little pee'd off until I explained he was my fourth agility dog (can't believe i've been doing it 11 years ) and I had an older two at home that were in a later class! It was also said (by experienced peeps) that he's the most enthusiastic and speedy spaniel they've ever seen his tail didn't stop wagging for the whole hour and he even managed to wag himself off the bottom of the contacts a couple of times his bum was moving that fast

Thanks for listening
Hazel & a tired Moses x x x
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Good for you Its always nice when things go well and it doesnt get any better when its so obvios the dogs love it too
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Its so much fun isnt it???

Now I can see he's your fourth agility dog

I'm on my first. We have only been there about 5 weeks in total, and Luna loves it

And I think its fun

WTG Moses and Hazel
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys
Bellaluna(jeanette?) it is great isn't it? Glad you'r enjoying it (and most importantly luna of course )
It made me feel soooooo old when I realised this is my fourth agility dog and when they looked at me as though "eleven years " I felt positively ancient... just because when my labrador (RIP handsome lad) and I started you could win open agility in 54 seconds by jumping the broom handles, going over the double doors a-frame and running all the way on the left !!! lol - I wouldn't swap spending fun time with my dogs for anything in the world though
Hazel xxx
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Jeanette is right

Yeah we have lots of fun

We are still newbies at it, but its fun

We didnt have the A-frame out today.. But we had "the wheel" and Luna is not too fund of that We finally got her to jump through it though

I love it, and we are both tired afterwards
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Hiya,
Glad I got you'r name right - how would that have been!
Yeah it is quite tiring, we've just started at a different group and am really really enjoying it Moses was shattered, I wasn't to bad but by the time Ziggie has recovered from his op. (another couple of weeks) i'll be training three hours on the trot with 4 in each group i'll sleep on sunday nights even better than after flyball on saturdays - at least you don't have to run as much in flyball
Hazel
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 06:56 AM
We were at agility yesterday and it was fun, but it got a bit much in the end...

We had been to obedience training in the morning, and as I dont have a car, we had to walk... Its pretty far.. Let's just say we were both completely shattered when we finally got home. But she liked it
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 12:52 PM
It is nice to arrive home "dog-tired" (no pun intended ) after a great day enjoying time with your dog.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 01:09 PM
He he

Yes it is