16-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Enjoy! We will expect a full resume of activities
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Enjoy! We will expect a full resume of activities
Oh you will get it! I think I may have been bitten by the bug after my first taster session at the KCAI weekend.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Quick question, if it turns out that roxie (and me) are any good at this agility lark then how do you get into competing? The club we are going to today just does fun agility so I assume we would have to move to a club that does competing?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Have fun tonight

Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Quick question, if it turns out that roxie (and me) are any good at this agility lark then how do you get into competing? The club we are going to today just does fun agility so I assume we would have to move to a club that does competing?
Depends how 'fun' the club is if it has full sized equipment then it is more than possible to compeate without being in 'proper' clubs

I know people who compeate without ever being to classes
But it is important that a 'fun' club is teaching you how to handle and do all the equipment safley

A 'proper' club would be useful to get to know people - so you have friends there on your first show to show you the ropes
see what tonight is like first - and talk to people, you might find some do compeat
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/index.htm

you can get all the schedules from the above. It also lists the clubs. Some competition clubs have waiting lists (like Eton) and some even audition you!

As in anything if you want to COMPETE in a sport (rather than participate) then you would be advised to go to a club/trainer who has achieved at the top level who can ALSO teach.

Just because somebody is good at something does not mean they can teach it, and just because people teach something does not mean they are necessarily any good at it or can give you expert advice.

Find out if those instructing maintain their CPD and understand about injuries, fitness and particular issues with some breeds.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Ah okay, thankyou guys.

I wanted to start fun agility to see if both of us really enjoyed it, but they move to a venue thats a bit too far out for us in september - I think that might be the time to move to a proper agility club...
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Have fun.x
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Good luck to you both!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran