View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh Steph, I am in tears What a beautiful poem to such a beautiful lady... I am sure Meg loved having you as her Mum and her age is a tribute to just how wonderful you are, especially with her beginning....
((((HUGS)))) hun, we all know how painful losing an animal you absolutely adored is
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 08:41 AM
God I'm rubbish at this. It's taken me nearly ten minutes to stop crying and reply to you!

Sorry for your loss. You seem like a very caring mummy and she was clearly well loved to have gone for so long. Consider her blessed.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:13 AM
What a fantastic tribute Steph, that brought tears to my eyes.

Sleep tight Meg xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Been abit foolish on the bus....tears running down my face on my way back home.
Pat's been very ''motherly'' since I got back, Meg came to me to be handreared after her Mother and the pups were set on fire during a domestic. Meg was the only one of the pups to survive, although we fought to save the others.
Mom went on for another two years but lost her life at the age of 4, with ongoing treatments after the fire. So Meg was born a fighter.
In the later months of her life, she struggled to please and tried to keep up with Reah and Skye ...who then was just a few months. She gave Reah her undivided attention from day one and it was awesome to watch her trying to nuzzle Reah to her feet in those very early days.
Thank you everyone, I know I did the right thing for Meg, but my guilt will always stay as I had spent ...what seemed a lifetime....protecting her, and that day I could do no more.,

Thanks for just being there xxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Nooooooooo, never feel guilt. You gave her 23 happy years and decided how to end them in a way that was best for her. No guilt, just pleasurable, happy memories xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:51 PM
ohh, Steph, I know what a very special relationship you and Meg had - is no wonder that you still feel her loss so deeply.

But as the others have said, there is no reason for any guilt - quite the opposite in fact.

(((hugs)))
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 01:57 PM
What a beautiful tribute to a special girl *hugs*

You gave her the last best gift you could mom, you set her free - back to the arms of the only One who could love her like you did.

"though lovers be lost, love shall not
and death shall have no dominion"

I truly believe that mom - love never dies.
One day you and Meg will be together again. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Nooooooooo, never feel guilt. You gave her 23 happy years and decided how to end them in a way that was best for her. No guilt, just pleasurable, happy memories xx
Thank you
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
ohh, Steph, I know what a very special relationship you and Meg had - is no wonder that you still feel her loss so deeply.

But as the others have said, there is no reason for any guilt - quite the opposite in fact.

(((hugs)))
As I said to someone else, it's a good job I'm indoors today...abit tearful and my minds not with it today
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
What a beautiful tribute to a special girl *hugs*

You gave her the last best gift you could mom, you set her free - back to the arms of the only One who could love her like you did.

"though lovers be lost, love shall not
and death shall have no dominion"

I truly believe that mom - love never dies.
One day you and Meg will be together again. xx
Hopefully she is with Suki, Sally and Stafford......past family dogs..... And one day we'll all be together again
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 04:47 PM
you made me cry , i remember feeling really guilty for ages .after we had no choice ,but to let bessey go .its the most empty feeling in the world .only another person ,who has loved a dog for so long ,understands . ive heard all the meg stories ,i know you and pat loved that girl to bits , run free meg look for bessey (you will get on famously )wish we could have had walks with you ,run free pretty girl x x big hug steph
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
you made me cry , i remember feeling really guilty for ages .after we had no choice ,but to let bessey go .its the most empty feeling in the world .only another person ,who has loved a dog for so long ,understands . ive heard all the meg stories ,i know you and pat loved that girl to bits , run free meg look for bessey (you will get on famously )wish we could have had walks with you ,run free pretty girl x x big hug steph
Thanks sis, I know you know how I feel and I appreciate it. However been busy today cleaning (through the tears) and feel alot better
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >