Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Awww Ceiron, I'm really really sorry - yes you did mention the psu in your first post to me didn't you. I just forgot cos I am at that awful age where my memory is a blank most of the time I did answer that post though and thank you. I am really sorry though and didn't mean to overlook you

I think it was with Ian saying its simple to do that made me think we might be able to have a go at it ourselves although we are not really computer minded - I have never seen inside a computer before.
least your honest.lol

confirms my invisible theory though.lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
least your honest.lol

confirms my invisible theory though.lol

No you're not invisible your as much a part of this forum as everybody else - it's just when you have so many ideas thrown at you you actually forget who gave them you So get out of that corner now and start participating
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 12:05 AM
lol, i think its mainly how depressed i am, dont mean to have a go at you.

as for replacing your psu, its really easy.

you take the side panel off the pc, unscrew the psu, usally 2 screws and then pull it out and disconnect all the plugs, i normally mark what plugs inplug with tape, then plug into your new psu, they jsut slot in and out and stuff, its quite easy, then slide psu i nand screw back ina dn then put side panel back on the computer and plug in and turn on.

making sure the voltage slider is set to 230 or 240 v first.lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
lol, i think its mainly how depressed i am, dont mean to have a go at you.

as for replacing your psu, its really easy.

you take the side panel off the pc, unscrew the psu, usally 2 screws and then pull it out and disconnect all the plugs, i normally mark what plugs inplug with tape, then plug into your new psu, they jsut slot in and out and stuff, its quite easy, then slide psu i nand screw back ina dn then put side panel back on the computer and plug in and turn on.

making sure the voltage slider is set to 230 or 240 v first.lol

Oh god Ceiron that all sounds way too complicated for me How do I know what the psu looks like then and know that I am not unscrewing something else?
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 12:13 AM
haha.lol

im trying to see if i can find a guide online but im running into no luck.

i will tell you what i will do though, is iwill take the side panel off my comp and show you.lol

you really cant plug the plugs back in wrong.lol

its simple when you see.lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
haha.lol

im trying to see if i can find a guide online but im running into no luck.

i will tell you what i will do though, is iwill take the side panel off my comp and show you.lol

you really cant plug the plugs back in wrong.lol

its simple when you see.lol

Okay thanks Ceiron
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 12:28 AM
right pic 1, the side panel still on, this si simple to remove, two screws on rear, left hand side in pic an dit hsould then slide or lift out.

second pic, shows psu from outside and you can see the pc side panel screws, the big nobbbly one.lol

third pic shows it inside, clearly away form everythign else and the big cable trail fro mit, yours shouldnt be as compelx as mine a smine is a big beffy cutom thign for me.lol
most of the cablkes arent connected anyway, easy to follow the trails anyway, trust me.

fourth pic si alternate angle

fith pic shows screws to remove psu.
should be similar on yours

then reverse procedure

very simple
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 09:32 AM
right pic 1, the side panel still on, this si simple to remove, two screws on rear, left hand side in pic an dit hsould then slide or lift out.

second pic, shows psu from outside and you can see the pc side panel screws, the big nobbbly one.lol

third pic shows it inside, clearly away form everythign else and the big cable trail fro mit, yours shouldnt be as compelx as mine a smine is a big beffy cutom thign for me.lol
most of the cablkes arent connected anyway, easy to follow the trails anyway, trust me.

fourth pic si alternate angle

fith pic shows screws to remove psu.
should be similar on yours

then reverse procedure

very simple
Oooh thats brilliant Ceiron - thanks ever so much for that - I will get OH to have a look tonight and see if he can get it off and then take it to PC world tomorrow and get a new one. I will let you know how we get on - if we don't blow ourselves up in the meantime
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 11:56 AM
try to get a brand name psu, it will be of benifit in the long run.

also make sure you get at least a 350w psu or it might not be powerful enough.

anything from 350 - 450 should be ample.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3