Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2022, 07:46 AM

Wet Wednesday 16th March 2022

Morning all, Typical wet Wednesday as my Tesco delivery is expected. So, soggy shopping. Very weird coloured sky. Think it might be thundery. Moyra where are you? Hoping that you are not unwell again. Hope you all have a good day and stay dry. Oh yes training was very good yesterday out in the open on grass and pavement. Happy thoughts to all the dogs that you look after you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2022, 08:29 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

If you have rain now it wont belong then before it reaches me. I had planned on painting Ben's fence but that may have to wait. Still will take my old clothes just in case.

At the end of the day Lynn you have to live your life how you want to. She has been very lucky with you taking Boo for 3 days at no charge and it is up to her to find another way.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2022, 09:09 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Not raining but overcast here waiting to see which way the weather goes before starting washing.
Had a good afternoon made an in road into some new bits of clothing for Madrid and renewing the Summer wardrobe, not quite finished yet.
Well I bit the bullet this morning and said to Bev after 11th May we can no longer take Boo.
She took it really well but she is a lovely person, she said she she thought that we would be saying we couldn't take her much longer due to Gorden retiring. My what I thought were subtle hints (obviously weren't) .
She thanked me us for having her and giving so much notice for her to decide what she can do next maybe by then she will feel safer leaving at her home while she works especially as the dog knapping thing seems to be dying down.
That's why I felt so bad having to say what I did as I know she is having counselling and was so relieved that day when we agreed to take Boo, she did admit they caught us on the hop that day especially as we weren't thinking straight after having lost Dillon not long before and I said retirement and Freya had moved to the backs of our minds we were so muddled.
Still all done I am relieved I have done it but do feel bad as now Bev has to sort something else and will worry about Boo and finding someone else.
I have said get in touch if you need someone for the odd day and we will stay in touch we have made a good friendship.

Fingers crossed rain holds off for shopping deliveries and fence painting.
Glad the training went well brenda.

Thank you Kazz, Chris and Sue for the chat it really helped.

Stay safe everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2022, 10:41 AM
Well I had two spots on walk and now still dry. Silly weather.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2022, 10:51 AM
Sun keeps dipping in and out here. So washing in machine and will go on the line if it stays dry.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2022, 12:21 PM
Morning all off to work shortly have a great day whatever you do.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Afternoon all
Lynn, you really really helped that lady when she needed it....I am sure she will be able to sort something out for Boo. I fully understand what you mean about being tied etc, when I first started walking Molly it was 2 times a week 5 days apart, then next thing it was every day for a week, trying to fit medical stuff, vet appointments, hair cuts etc in as well as my own 2 dogs.... nightmare but I wouldn't and couldn't let Molly down...so I did it.
Chris...wow, an actual real life in person visit from a plumber ...omg!!! As for the Wendy situation..... yeah, best stay out of it.
Kazz, have a good day at work
Sue... hope you get the fence done
Brenda....hope Tesco fetch everything you want
Had a chat with my dad this morning...not sure anything will change but I have tried. Mums been for tests at the hospital and they have given her a nebuliser as her airway began to collapse
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Raining now washing in just in time and on the airer, hardly dried at all outside.
We do griff don't we. Hope the chat has helped and mum has success with the nebuliser
Chris at last a plumber, you must of needed a chair when you heard.
Sometimes best to take a back seat and watch things unfold how you would wish them to.
Have a good day at work Kazz.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2022, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon all. A nice morning here, but the sky has now gone dark so I imagine rain is on the way.

Well, after all that, the plumber couldn't do the job as he said it wouldn't work. At least we got a stop tap fitted on the tank which is something we always said should have been there when the tank was originally fitted.

A frustrating and disappointing early morning, but at least we now know what will and what won't work

Rosie loved the mobility scooter. She sits like a Queen on my knee on the concrete bits of our walk and I have to say it was a blessing for both of us too as a lot easier breathing today. So, the scooter stays

I also hadn't realised that you can change registration no's on parking permits. I was just about to pay today and the parking warden told me not to bother as he knows we have a permit and he also told me how to change it on the site so the hire car is covered. Just got to remember to change it back when my little Panda comes home