Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zuhzoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2008, 12:43 PM

How to get into agility...

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie to the forums, but already loving them!

So here's a quick run down of my story: Currently I live in Nottingham[great place, haven't seen Robin Hood yet though...or been shot xD] and have wanted a dog for years... I hear of my mom's old tri-colour welsh collie, and my dad's old collie every now and again and it doesn't help me wanting a dog!
Next year we are moving to the south Lake district, and getting a dog (Blue Merle BC I'm hoping).

Basically I have been researching like mad and I'm wondering how easy it is to get into agility and what I would need to do? (Just on a casual level)

Thanks!
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi, you could have a look on www.agilitynet.co.uk
They have a list of clubs all over the country, ive been doing agility with my dog for over a year now and she loves it - most of the clubs i tried had a one year waiting list though so you should sign up early.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Have a look at this website. I think they will be the closest to where you will be living. It sounds like a friendly club, so I am sure they will be able to give you all sorts of help and advice from finding the right dog, to starting agility training

http://www.inyourowntime.co.uk/
zuhzoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Thankyou! They sound great I'll check them now. Of course I would have to wait a while... until the puppy is grown up a bit! If there is a year long waiting list that might be a good thing, though.
Lunakitty321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Just find a class and join...your dog will love it! There are some things you can do to prepare your puppy for agility, like bringing him/her around all of the equipment, working on ignoring distractions...some classes have a puppy part, where they just learn to go through the tunnel and through two poles (that later become jumps)...that sort of stuff.