Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 06:09 PM

M&S Biscuits

Who makes biscuits for Marks & Spencers, as I know they don't make their own? Anyone know?

Thanks!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Who cares, I love 'em!!! Can I ask why though????
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Foxes???
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Who cares, I love 'em!!! Can I ask why though????
A woman I work with has been buying M&S Ginger Snaps for years. It's the only biscuit she really eats and she loves them. They have now rebranded them to Ginger Nuts and, according to her, they don't taste the same and don't have the same texture. It's part of her obsessive personality! Now we have the saga of trying all the different brands of ginger nuts to see if any compare to the M&S Ginger Snaps! So far, none she has tried are to her taste!

You'll wish you never asked now!

A ginger nut is a ginger nut! I actually prefer the Lidl ones to any others I've tried, though I haven't tried the M&S ones!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, I don't know who makes their ginger nuts, but years and years ago, I worked for a very short time (4 hours!!) in the Kipling Cake Factory - helping on the French Fancies. That's a story in itself for another time

They made cakes for themselves, M&S and someone else (can't remember exactly, but I think it may have been Co-Op).

That summer really opened my eyes, I worked there and at the crisp factory and until then I never realised that so many different brands were made at one factory.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Well I know Thornton's do the chocs, Cadbury's the chocolate cakes and Fray Bentos used to do the pies and meat products years ago.

I would imagine more than one manufacturer for the biccies.... and Fox's is a good guess as their Viennese fingers are exactly the same.... I have tasted many boxes in the name of research.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Hali,

Wow - working with French Fancies! I'd get the boot for eating the stock.

Yes, it's surprising that many "different" brands are, in fact, the same brand.

On a slightly different note, years ago my granpa bought a tin of paint of a certain brand. The label happened to come off the tin to reveal a cheaper brand underneath!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Well I know Thornton's do the chocs, Cadbury's the chocolate cakes and Fray Bentos used to do the pies and meat products years ago.

I would imagine more than one manufacturer for the biccies.... and Fox's is a good guess as their Viennese fingers are exactly the same.... I have tasted many boxes in the name of research.
I new Thorntons did the chocs but didn't realise Cadbury did the chocolate cakes! And I love the chocolate rolls too, both the big ones and the mini bites! Do you reckon they are Cadbury's too? They certainly are delicious whatever!

My god, you've just made me realise that their Viennese fingers do taste the same as Fox's! Hmmm....
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Hi Hali,

Wow - working with French Fancies! I'd get the boot for eating the stock.
oh no you wouldn't there's nothing like working in a food factory for putting you off that particular food. I didn't eat crisps for about 6 months after I worked at Smiths Crisps and I haven't eaten a french fancy since....that has to be well over 20 years

I hasten to add that it wasn't that I was disgusted in how they were made, just I hated the job so much & it was so difficult that it put me off them for life (well I found it difficut - all the people who worked there found it so easy )
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2008, 09:37 PM
i worked in a food packing factory for one day, it took me a week to recover, i don't know how people can keep up that pace day in day out. for £5 pounds an hour
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >