register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liberty
Dogsey Senior

26-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I know b***er all about breeding, but that is what is so good about this site, you can ask a question, and not be shot down in flames

libs
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Hi Kate is that Lucy in your Avatar? A very sweet little dog. As many of the others have said if you don't know her origins you have no way of knowing what the progeny will be like. No one can tell you what to do or not to do the choice is yours, but if I were in your situation I would find a breed that resembles Lucy in both looks and temperament and persuade your mother and sister to get one of those instead. It sounds as if your heart is not really in breeding from Lucy anyway Kate, you could risk losing her and she is a 'unique breed'. If you had a litter and they turned out nothing like Lucy would your family still want them? In principle I am not against anyone breeding dogs so long as the dogs are healthy, the person is not breeding for money and the resulting puppies are all well cared for. Whatever you decide to do I hope it all goes well for you Kate and either way you know you will have at least one supporter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4