Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Is it true....

Hi there can someone tell me if it is true ,you can't show a bitch that has bee spay?
Also if I was thinking about showing my bictch(not just yet she hasn't even been born)where do I start?
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2007, 11:43 AM
No it is not true. The only difficulty might be with a breed that has a coat that is typically altered to the detriment when spayed although some heavily coated breeds can also improve.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 12:42 PM
You can show a speyed bitch but you need to inform the Kennel Club to have her re-registered as a neuter. Same for dogs. Otherwise, if people knew and you didn't have the "permission to show" letter that the KC will issue you with once she is re-registered, they could get you disqualified, in theory.
So - it should be just a formailty.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 12:45 PM
The specific ruling states.
No act or operation which alters the natural confirmation of a dog or any part thereof meay be performed except:
operations to prevent breeding providid that such operations are notified to the KC before neutered dogs are shown.
Also please be aware oi the coats Im sure some one here can expalin what a spayed coat looks like in the breed.
I know with a welshie the coats go like wool and itys not worth showing them as you wouldnt win.
tell you what a spayed
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 01:36 PM
It used to be the case that you could only show spayed bitches if the were spayed for medical reasons or they had live progeny registered at the kennel club but that ruling has now changed & you just have to notify the Kennel Club that your bich is spayed. AS for where you start if you want to show, go now to some shows & chat to people who are showing the breed you want, get in touch with the breed club & talk to them, find out all the health checks & conformation details about the breed that you can, then make sure you buy from a reputable breeder. Let them know you are thinking of showing & ask their advice. This plus attending classes to learn to show should start you in the right direction.
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Thank you very much GSD Sue,
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 01:53 PM
You will find the form on the kennel club site here

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/down...eddogsform.pdf

Get the form filled in and send it directly to the Kennel Club. You usually get a confirmation letter back within a couple of weeks

As for shows. I always think a champ show is good as you'll get a good turnout of your breed. There's plenty of people to chat with and you can see how your breed is presented, what lead is used etc.
The nearest one near you is Paington Champ show which is in July.