Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:41 PM

Swords International show today

Well, the Italian judge didn't look Italian...... but he was charming and dressed absolutely correctly for Hounds. Deccy thought he was fine and didn't fidget, for a change, but we didn't get anywhere (3rd/3). It was an unusual way of judging, sent us all round the ring first but when we each presented our dogs he took a quick look, checked the teeth, then it was up and down first then the triangle but no real going over of the dogs. Strangely, in all classes as I remember he placed us the way we stood - in alphabetical order. I think I'll change my surname to Aaron. Anyway, he made no mistakes in the BOB which was the main thing!
I met Berger and Colonelandkaren, they also had less than perfect outcomes, but I will let them tell the tales!
Still, as usual at an Irish Champ show, the day was not entirely wasted. I now have my first appointment to steward at a Champ show, plus a certain well known dog photographer took some shots of me with Deccy - head shots in which he was kissing me most of the time - to go on the back cover of the book. I'll see them Monday.... being a wet and windy day, photographed outside I am sure I will look a mess. However, at least that way I will be recognisable!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Ah never mind hun deccy will always be a champ to us , even if the stupid judge couldnt see his winning magnatism .
Sorry it was not a better day for you all At least you got a great picture for your book xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a perfect photo for a back cover to me Gill. I can't wait to see it xox
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Never mind Gill. As always you took the best dog home with you. It was great to see you and Deccy and you did not look a mess at all!
Well Ivan was placed first in his class but he was the only one in it. The judge was a lovely swedish lady and gave him a great critic with a very good grade. She said he is at that gangly stage where they are a bit all over the place as they all are at that age. But Ivan behaved beautifully in the ring which is a first so I was really really proud of him.
Next show is in Sligo on 21st July.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Next show is in Sligo on 21st July
I am stewarding at Sligo, maybe I'll get even closer to Ivan the not-so-terrible!
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Well it was a bad day for Captain, we had the same judge as Gill but he never studied the Breed Standard for Kerry Beagles He had to ask the stuart what the standard was and that was no help, he said he was a very nice dog with great movement but still only graded him Very Good which was no good to us as we needed Excellent to Get Best Of Breed There was alot of angry onlookers who were disgusted with what the judge had done so it made me feel a bit better knowing that people outside knew Captain was a Good Speciman of the Breed but the Judge was Stupid

Colonel had a good day and got 1st in Intermidiate dog with 4 entries including his littermate which is owned and shown by his breeder so i was very pleased with that, and he behaved excellent as i was a bit worried that he may act up when the judge went near his backend as he just had his Anal Glands emptied the other day but he was a little star
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Sorry Gill that you and Deccy did not do better , but hope the pics make up for your dissappointment wth the judging .

Well done Nicola and Ivan even though he stood alone the most importanty thing is he behaved and moved well he is still only a baby after all.

Aw Karen Sorry Captain did not get the result you had hoped for, but well done to Colonel for his first in termediate.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Well done everyone . It sounds like a strange sort of a day, I hope everyone had fun regardless. Great news about the pic Gil. Really looking forward to seeing the mock ups.Well done to all your wonderful dogs regardless of placing