Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Border Collie Rescue

Does anyone know if there is a specific Border Collie breed rescue based in Scotland?

I know that BC Rescue in Yorkshire do rehome dogs up here, but would be interested to know if there was a specific Scottish charity.

Thanks.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Have you tried googling.
There is one on FB, I can ask them for you if you want hun....Im a member of thier friendship list
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 01:10 PM
No there isn't.

one of the members on here (who I had no respect for whatsoever) did briefly open a scottish border collie rescue with a couple of friends. Not sure what happened, but the website was only around for a couple of months (to my relief).

one of the national ones have been talking about opening a specific scottish one, but I don't think they have managed it yet.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 03:56 PM
isn't that crazy that there doesn't seem to be a BC rescue up there, where I imagine to be the most densely BC populated part of the UK! I'm really shocked!

Hali and Moobli! - go on Lol, I'll become a platinum member!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
isn't that crazy that there doesn't seem to be a BC rescue up there, where I imagine to be the most densely BC populated part of the UK! I'm really shocked!

Hali and Moobli! - go on Lol, I'll become a platinum member!
Don't think I haven't thought about it! Border Collie Rescue are looking for volunteers to set up the Scottish centre - I would love to be involved, but I at the moment, there is no way I could give that kind of commitment.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I do remember the fly-by-night one that was set up too Hali

It seems totally crazy that there is no BC rescue up here yet (but that was my suspicion, hence the question). I have been in contact with the national one and said even though I don't have the time to actually help set up the rescue centre itself, I would happily volunteer time to assess potential work dogs, perhaps foster (outside dogs) and do the usual homechecking, phone calling etc. They are struggling to find premises

I would love to set one up myself, but with my son, my own dogs/horses and other animals, I just couldn't commit the required time yet either ... perhaps something to consider when we get our own farm in the future though, and you retire Hali
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Have you tried googling.
There is one on FB, I can ask them for you if you want hun....Im a member of thier friendship list
I did google Steph, but came up with a blank.

Isn't it crazy that collies are probably one of the most common breeds in rescue, they are hugely popular up here in Scotland, esp in the countryside areas, and yet there is no dedicated rescue

Is the one on FB BC Trust or BCR? If so, I am also on those pages. If it is a different one, could you please PM me, thanks.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 05:18 PM
the list of things I'm going to do when I retire is unbelievable! But yes, an active role in rescue (particularly BC rescue) will be high up on the list.

Can't believe they are struggling to find premises - there is so much land around. I guess their budget must be tight - or perhaps they can only afford to rent rather than buy