View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 09:12 PM
This reminded me of an episode that lasted for several weeks, some years ago with your last dog, and I promise you that it is true, although I barely believed it myself at the time.

I think that it was late winter time, and every single evening at around 6.30 a dog fox would start barking at the top of our orchard whereupon our (speyed) bitch would rush out at top speed. For a few nights I just assumed that she was going to see it off, and about half an hour later she would race back in all pleased with herself. One night I stealthily followed her and was stunned to see fox and dog virtually kissing through the pig netting fence. No animosity on either part. Eventually, our dog Bitz would ask to go out before the fox arrived, and would sit up there waiting for him. We had no idea what was going on, but as the fox looked plump, sleek and healthy we were not too concerned - indeed she didn't catch anything horrible like mange.

One night, the fox just didn't turn up and never came again. Bitz kept up her nightly vigil for some time, and was actuall quite depressed when she came back in each time.

Has anyone else heard of this sort of relationship between dog and fox?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 12:08 AM
oh this has been very interesting to read!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2