Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 09:49 PM

my heart breaks

The home where I work, I little old lady dashound came in, her name is Dora and the sweetest thing you could ever come across, she is now 11 years of age, she has been out on foster a couple of times but returned due to the fact she suffers seperation anxiety, and tends to now go to the toilet in the home during the night. she came back again today from a foster we really thought we had a nice home an older couple that had a lot of time on their hands, but they felt they couldnt be bothered with having to clean up in the mornings after her. I actually cried a little to see her as I have fallen in love with her big time, but I know in my heart of hearts my lot wont accept her, sometimes working at a rescue sucks

Mo
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 09:53 PM
How sad but I suppose its better the Old couple decided before taking her that they could not be bothered than having her a while then giving her Back

Have thought about contacting the Oldie Club?

http://www.oldies.org.uk/
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 09:54 PM
who's the oldie club?

sorry didnt see the link thanks, will tell them at work about it.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
who's the oldie club?
Have added a link in my first post
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 09:59 PM
sorry didnt see you reply either
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:07 PM
mememememeee!

I would take her in an instant if I could but my dad would never have another, poor little girl. I don't mind cleaning up mess.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Mo, anyone who thinks cleaning up a few night time puddles for a lady dog of senior years is too much trouble don`t deserve her company quite frankly, especially as she probably only does it through stress of going from foster to foster, [ which can`t be helping her sep anxiety ], if there is no medical cause.

I`ll bet once she can finally settle somewhere it will stop happening and even if it does`nt, a bit of floor mopping is a small price to pay in exchange for the love of a sweet little dog.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I agree 100% patch, heres a picture of her in our office chilling out, just so you can see what a sweetie she is.

Mo
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:25 PM
What a lovely tummy! Bless her and I hope she finds her forever home soon, she deserves it at 11 years old....

Pops and Daisy both were prone to puddles because of their diuretics (sp?!) every night and in fact every day. I Had my mop and bucket and disinfectant on hand always to make sure that it was easy to wipe up. Often there were at least two wees every time I left them. You just don't mind when you love them.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Aww... I'm not into little dogs particularly but I have a soft spot for oldies since adopting Eddy... little horror that he is
I'd love to take care of her and wouldn't mind the puddles but I'm living with my mum and she won't let me have another puppy because she's too stressed to deal with accidents...

I hope she finds her forever home she's a lovely old lady
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >